Corbin Smuggler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgoat

Reaction score
Just got this e-mail notification today showing the new Corbin Smuggler for the FJR. Not alot of details yet, but looks nice. I'm sure not all will agree.

" Just bringing you the good news that we now offer a smuggler for the Yamaha

FJR1300.we have a picture of it on our daily news on our web site.If you

like to check it out click on this link.

Thanx

sergio "

smuggler

Me likey! Hope to see a big pic showing the inside real soon. Looks like the Corbin times is announcing a wee bit premature, but Oh, Yes, that should be a nice unit!

I like it, but, like most everything Corbin, it'll be $595 or some ridiculous number.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it; $599 plus shipping, $624 shipped to my home address; placed an order today. They are taking pre-production orders at this time.

I like it; $599 plus shipping, $624 shipped to my home address; placed an order today. They are taking pre-production orders at this time.
Not bad for a wild ass guess, eh? I been doing this far, far too long now..... ;)

TWILKIN650,

I'll be interested in hearing your product review! Did they tell you about how long before delivery? I'm assuming it works with the stock seat. I wonder how easy/hard it is to change between the smuggler and the pillion? Should be a nice farkle and you'll have the "honor" of being one of the first to take the plunge! Keep us informed...... :clap:

I see from Corbins website that for allowing your bike to be used for design of new products, you'll recieve the initial offering free. There's a list of bikes needed for this, one of which is the 1970-1976 Honda 750K. Nice to know Honda got the problems solved and it's now in production. Any guesses on price? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss the board a couple of days and tonite go to list the big news on the Smuggler being released via an email I got from Corbin, THANKS!!! :D The guy at Corbin didn't respond to my inquiry about a discount for a pre release order or group buy. I guess good ole Mike didn't make his first billion yet.

I'd be curious as to how close the paint color match will be. When I had my '99 VFR800 and bought a smuggler, I wasn't happy with the color. I ended up taking the fiberglass parts off the smuggler and sent to a local shop to get them matched and repainted.

I have a Cobin on my GL1800 and I will NEVER purchase another Corbin product.

If you get a good seat, you will love it. If you don't get a good seat, Corbin's customer service is worse than Wal Mart's :haha: ! The passenger heat switch in my seat has NEVER worked - it blows a fuse. I have asked Corbin several times to fax / mail / email me a wiring diagram and they said they would. I have finally given up as they wanted (of course I haven't forgotten as I am telling y'all about the incident)!

Best Regards,

Shane

Do you mean that the little smuggler box is $595 plus the cost of the saddle? Or is that the price for a Corbin saddle and the Smuggler?

Finally, will it work with the stock seat or do I have to buy Corbin?

Thanks,

Jim

I guess I'm gonna have to lear to lay fiberglass now.

You know, I guess I'm just too common, in the commoner sense of the word. I have so many ideas that I don't pursue because I think most people are like me, too poor to afford a 600 dollar price tag for something like that. But I keep forgetting that there is this whole market of rich mofos that don't think twice about spending their money on stuff like this and their money could be my money.

In the email, Corbin rep said it would work w/ the stock seat. I agree that Corbin cust.serve is the worst. Seems the only way to get something taken care of is to go there in person, which for me is out of the question. I've seen both as far as the color match,sometimes they nail it other times I might as well have gotten out a roller have at it myself it's that bad. Several friends went the repaint route to get a good match as well.

I guess I'm gonna have to lear to lay fiberglass now.

You know, I guess I'm just too common, in the commoner sense of the word. I have so many ideas that I don't pursue because I think most people are like me, too poor to afford a 600 dollar price tag for something like that. But I keep forgetting that there is this whole market of rich mofos that don't think twice about spending their money on stuff like this and their money could be my money.
Please don't try to lay fiberglass, it makes your dick itch! :blink: :haha:

They'll never get $600 outa me.

I made my own 2 yrs ago, and it has twice the room for approx $200 in parts and materials.

Of course, Corbin's quality is excellent but it's till too pricey for me.

Besides, it's always more personally fulfilling to make it yourself.

This winter I might redesign it around a modified Givi rack to make it look even more integrated.