Cortex To Telluride Colorado

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
My last report from the Colorado ride:

We had take the million dollar highway (550) the previous day, and wanted to take another leg that is another must see from Cortez, we took CO 145 to Telluride and back. Much of the ride began in rolling hills with straights. About 25 minutes into it we started getting into the hills with long sweepers and then eventually hit some nice technical twisties. 145 follows the Delores river.

Once again, the scenery was incredible and I just don't think anywhere I have ever been can beat the rockies (and I've been around!)

Here are some photos from that day:

In the morning we met the couple from Quebec that arrived the night after us. We told them about 550 and I hope they enjoyed it. The guy had over 50k on his 03 FJR:

DSC00803.jpg

at lower level there were many impressive red walls of rock that we passed by:

DSC00847.jpg

The Delores river about halfway between "Stoner" and "Rico" on a property for sale

DSC00775.jpg

We checked out the property and this is a picture toward the road:

DSC00773.jpg

and this is a pic from the road of the property...think I might buy it :)

DSC00764.jpg

Cool Mountains:

DSC00752.jpg

Lizard Head:

DSC00732.jpg

Seeing this mountain was cool, then we got around it in the next pic and it got cooler:

DSC00734.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

I love the rockies:

DSC00756.jpg

Wonderful Trout Lake:

DSC00744.jpg

Blue Belle by Trout Lake:

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

Whet's my appetite for the Reno trip even more... thanks for the pics!

Whet's my appetite for the Reno trip even more... thanks for the pics!
well, 550 and 145 are on your way...but taking the 550 145 loop may be your best move...taking 145 into Cortez on the later part of that leg, then up and out 461 (aka 666) to Moab/50/70

Last edited by a moderator: