Costco selling Zumo 450

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrunDog

Reaction score
Ladies & Gents,

Title says it all! Not too shabby. Remember that the 450 lack's the 550's Bluetooth and spoken streets.

If Costco is selling these, it's gott make you wonder if these are being phased out, or just being moved into the mainstream distribution channels.

Here is a link for you lazy folks (like me): Zumo 450 at Costco.

-BD

It may be a sign that Garmin has notified retailers that an update and/or new technology is forthcoming and giving sale/markdown funds to retailers to clear inventories.

Maybe it's a good thing that I was not an early adopter and don't have a GPS yet. I'm waiting for the All-in-One GPS/Radio/Bluetooth-Phone/Intercom/Radar-Detector! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I needed a GPS for EOM so had to spring a month ago. I decided on a Garmin GPSMAP 478 (marine unit). I love the high resolution screen. However, I would have rather saved $400 for this deal!

One other 450 consideration - We've pretty much determined as fact, that the 450 will not accept SD memory cards larger than 2 GB.

It may be a sign that Garmin has notified retailers that an update and/or new technology is forthcoming and giving sale/markdown funds to retailers to clear inventories.
Maybe it's a good thing that I was not an early adopter and don't have a GPS yet. I'm waiting for the All-in-One GPS/Radio/Bluetooth-Phone/Intercom/Radar-Detector! :rolleyes:
Three weeks ago, I got to speak to a garmin factory rep at the Cabella's in Kansas City. I specifically asked about the Zumo being replaced/updated as Best Buy was discounting it heavily. He said that it would not be phased out or replaced any time soon, but all their major box store retailers were dropping it as it was a speciality item and didn't move as well as the Nuvi's.