Crashed today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kolonial72

Reaction score
Oh. My. God. My back hurts. My sunuvabitch Arabian/paint decided to go for a little run with me on his back and without my permission. :angry2: When he reached a fence, he went sharp left (I didn't know he could cut like that! :eek: ) and I did not. I landed flat on my back from about 5 feet up going at least 20 mph.

Alternating hot/cold, trying to stay moving, yada yada. Oh, and pain killers, but not the really good kind. :(

BTW, the horse is fine. He will make Elmer's quite happy. ;)

Glad you aren't hurt any worse. Christopher Reeves didn't fare so well when his horse did nearly the same thing. We always threatened our horses that they were going to be turned into

20235982_lg.jpg

So, did your horse beat you back to the barn? Arabian breeds are smart, they rarely stop and wait for the physically wrecked and angry rider to catch them.

Heh, reminds me of my Arabian, Raffles, when I was a teenager. He had a tendency to bolt when you least expected it (hence the name)...if you weren't hanging on, you were on your butt...and if you were hanging on, it was for dear life (just hope there were no low-hanging branches around).

My lovely ex-wife had horses. I don't miss any of them.
You mean, you don't miss the ex or the horses?

Actually Bo stopped about 20 feet after I fell off. He is pretty smart, and I imagine he realized there was no way I could peel myself off the ground and get to him. To tell you the truth, I wasn't mad at him. I was dissapointed at myself for not taking the right actions. In that light, it kinda reminds me of my first (and hopefully last) MC accident.

Hmmm...dogfood, eh? I hadn't thought of that threat.

Glad you didn't end up like Superman...

When my basset keeps on acting up, I lock him up in the home theater room with a blueray disc of Korean cooking classes...

not sure what would motivate good behavior with a horsey...

My lovely ex-wife had horses. I don't miss any of them.
I don't miss growing up on a horse farm and mucking out stalls. I do miss wandering around 200 acres in the summer, though. And not having any goddamned neighbors closer than 3mi away. And peace and quiet, but that kinda goes with the last one.

I also miss one of our appaloosas that loved to sneak up behind my uncle and pull his hair, then run like hell. Or kick the stall 6" away from him.

Glad you're sort of ok. ATGATT?

I have passed on my philosophy to my kids about horses, etc... Never ride anything with a brain! :dribble:

Motorcycles will go over cliffs, into walls at full speed, they do what you tell them to and they don't do anythign on their own, like turn suddenly or runaway into an object on their own. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to avoid anything as big and stupid as a horse. How old was it?
Bo is almost 7 years old. This was very uncharacteristic for him.

Anything that eats while you are sleeping is a poor investment ;)
Absolutely true.

Not really, though I was wearing a heavy coat that kept my back from getting all scraped up. Moving around better this morning, which surprised me.

Motorcycles will go over cliffs, into walls at full speed, they do what you tell them to and they don't do anythign on their own, like turn suddenly or runaway into an object on their own. :D
On that note, I added a sig.

Hmmmm...including your (Okay, Patty's) goats and Bust's sheep?

I have passed on my philosophy to my kids about horses, etc... Never ride anything with a brain! :dribble:
Wives?

Oh, wait, that may be the problem. If they have a brain they may not be interested in me.........

Hmmmm...including your (Okay, Patty's) goats and Bust's sheep?

Wives?

Oh, wait, that may be the problem. If they have a brain they may not be interested in me.........
+1, Gunny! MM2, I have already e-mailed this off to Bluesy's wife; she should be reading this "compliment" real soon!

kolonial72, very glad to hear that you are OK! Working my grandfather's cattle ranch in Oakdale, California on horseback in the 50s/60s, I got thrown off repeatedly by the working horses; definitely hurts like hell, for a long time!

kolonial72, very glad to hear that you are OK! Working my grandfather's cattle ranch in Oakdale, California on horseback in the 50s/60s, I got thrown off repeatedly by the working horses; definitely hurts like hell, for a long time!
Sounds like horses and women really are a good match for you. You know you ride them differently don't you....??? :D

Hey man...Sorry about your "getoff." :lol:

Patch and I grew up with horses and they have been a part of our lives since we were born. I love them, and have taken lots of lumps because of my stupidity or their stubborness. Regardless of the bad things they do, I still love my horses more than most people.

I'm glad you are ok, as it seems that falling off these days is not as painless as it was 20 years ago. I came off earlier this summer for the first time in about 15 years. It was more surprising than it was painful. Thank God.

Sounds like horses and women really are a good match for you. You know you ride them differently don't you....??? :D
Simon, do you think it is the spurs?

Simon, do you think it is the spurs?
I thought it was all in how you place the bit. :dribble: