Crock of sh1t........................

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donal

Reaction score
Crock of Shit:

More politely known as "a pile of poo", the term "a crock of shit" derives from an ancient Roman custom that coincidentally took place in Roman times.
It referred literally to a pot into which people would excrete if they were particularly bored by whichever freelance philosopher happened to be talking rubbish at the time. The Roman empire employed crock-monitors who were each assigned to a philosopher, and it was their job to monitor the pot (or crock). Should the crock become full, it would be presented to the philosopher, who was obliged, by law, to announce that it bore a remarkable resemblance to himself, thus proclaiming he was full of crap and was, in fact, talking a crock of shit.
"I am talking a crock of shit", Socrates 429 BC

At my age, I'm supposed to learn seven new things a day........ six more to go today.
smile.png

Thanks!

I also learned yesterday that there are people so delicate in their sensibilities that you have to talk around curse words. Like the typing of the subject was done (sh*t or sh|t, etc.). I was forced to do just that late last night when my Son-in-Law's sister was over so resorted to "H E fucking DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS".