Cupping

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good explaniation slapnpop . Bottom line is it's normal and some tires do it sooner than others. I've got 16,.5Kmi on my front & I kinda like the sound it makes when leaned over in a turn because of the cupping. Later, De ;)

Cupping is often promoted by running lower tire pressure allowing more deflection of the carcas of the tire. Braking late into corners also will induce bad cupping. As per this forums instruction I ran 40 - 42 psi in both front and back and got very littel cupping but the original MEZ4/FJR developed a headshake in the 35 - 45 mph before I got it changed at about 4000 miles.

Neville

r_drama.jpg

As per this forums instruction I ran 40 - 42 psi in both front and back and got very littel cupping but the original MEZ4/FJR
I ran 36 front on MZ4's for over 8K and had virtually no cupping at all right down to the wear indicators. Different bikes with different tires I had cupping no matter what pressures I ran.

I stand by the what I said and what has been mine and others experiance that pressures have less effect then the other factors such as tire and bike design and riding style. That is if you are running at least the reccomended pressures.

Very informative posts by Slap and WC. Excellent info.

Scythian, bravo for sticking to your guns. That is what many are like around here.

There is a very very wide range of personalities on here, so you see it all.

Think of it this way, IMHO, long time members get tired of hearing the same questions now and again.

They have been answered many times, and you can search this forum or the net with ease and find answers.

Sometimes, new members post wisecrack or bogus questions and we get trolls in here.

There are many sarcastic buggers (myself included) and smart asses.

This is a very impersonable communication device and all the charm and wit is lost at the keyboard.

blah, blah, blah.

You asked a different question, caught a little heat, received a hazing to the forum, and came out alright.

Welcome, lay the skin on thick, and don't forget, this is only the internet.

But of course, don't let any of the poopyheads insult you for no reason.

I hate it when every one kisses and makes up. Make me wanna puke.

:bad:

Welcome, lay the skin on thick, and don't forget, this is only the internet.But of course, don't let any of the poopyheads insult you for no reason.
Well, that pretty much nails it doesn't it. :clap:

Thank you to everybody who answered. There were some great replies and I know more now than I did before.

I'm glad I asked. :p

There is no one here that I wouldn't buy a beverage of their choice at a riders' meeting.....

Especially Radman :bleh:

I replied that if I can just google every tech question, why not get rid of this forum?
Then I got called 'asshat' for not liking the "heres a link, Google it yerself response"

You forgot about those parts....
I made you an :asshat: on account of your dip shit response regarding your "waste of band width" comment. The response was all you asked for but YOU started whiny baby cryin' Geta box o pampers and some diaper rash lotion ya twentysomethin' baby bitch

:jester:

Heh.... wait till Bustanut sees Scythian in person at Reno.... all 6'5", 270lbs of him.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yuh meen there are sum big doods that frequent these hyar boards? Oh noe! I'd bedder practice bein' nice en po-lite...and hide behind TWN! ;)

Yuh meen there are sum big doods that frequent these hyar boards?  Oh noe! I'd bedder practice bein' nice en po-lite...and hide behind TWN! ;)
Hmmmm, OK, I've decided. I'll have the bean burrito, a side of refried beans and some chili - extra hot, please - and a nice warm Guinness to wash it all down.

Errrrp.

Ready to ride, Mike? :stink: :lol:

"over the top" refers to what you may know as "from outside in". if you have your hands too far in front of you at the top and you bring them back in close to you through your down swing, that's over the top. so was alot of this thread.

derek

Actually, I do want them to stop. My stomach is sore from this thread. Reminds me of high school. Testosterone injections passed from hand to hand.

How the heck did everyone get so worked up over a guys question? Man, seems some people have way too much time on their hands. By the way, you wannt see some cupping? Ride a BMW R1100RT for a few years and check out your telelever front tire. Now there's some cupping. :bleh:

Until I joined this august group, cupping to me was always something that involved breasts. I wish somehow it remained so still......... ;)