Custom Seat Break In ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XHD4FJR

Reaction score
Have only been on a couple of short rides since installing my Laam seat 80 miles last weekend and 150 today. to those of you who have been through the process how long till you knew it was right?

Don't want to cry wolf but maybe I am expecting too much to soon?

I know it can be sent back and adjusted but at this point I'm not sure what I'd ask for.

Your stories please.
help.gif

I did a ride-in and Seth said to give it 500 miles for the foam to break in to fit my butt shape but while there was a lot of improvement in the first 500 miles, I thought the seat continued to feel better for at least 1500 miles.

Thanks for the replys don't want to jump the gun and start messing with sonething that maybe just right in the end.

Woud have loved to been able to do a ride in. Buy by wire is tuff at times!

Right after getting my Laam seat, took off on a trip. Rode a little over 800 miles the first day - was squirming and wanting off the bike/seat after 200 miles. Took a lunch break and the remaining 600+miles wasn't bad. Since then it has only gotten better comfort-wise and I would guess that I have 5,000 miles or so on the seat. I don't regret having spent the money on my Laam seat.

500 miles was getting OK, but I got comfortable with my FJRs Laam seat past the 1000 mile mark. Definitely give it some time before having any adjustments made.

Good luck!

--G

Mine started feeling Ok at 1000mi. As soon as I had 1000 miles on the new bike, I rode it 900 miles to Florida. On the return trip, I noticed that the Laam seat felt really good and the pocket felt like it was custom made for me. So, probably 1500-2000 miles and you'll be good to go. I rode it on an all day trip into SE Ohio today and it was a real pleasure. Seth does great work!

At just shy of 1k on mine, if it gets better then this I'm very excited..

So far so good, super happy with the comfort this far.. First laam after a used RDL...