Cycle World GTShootout

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgoat

Reaction score
Just got my November Cycle World which contained an eight bike "GT" comparison entitled "Speed Wagons". Beemer K1200S, ST1300, Aprilla Futura, VFR 800, Triumph Sprint, ZX-12R, Hayabusa, and last but not least, the FJR 1300. In the end, there was but one winner! Shut your eyes now if you want to read the article and find out for yourself .......................................................................And the winner is!!!!

Our own pride and joy. Was there ever any doubt? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Most excellent! And I am asssuming that was with the 05?

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

To be honest, that surprises me greatly. Esp with the 06's coming out, you'd think they'd pick something else, so that they can say the 06 changes put it back on top, etc.

But, very good, none-the-less...

A great Pic of the Feejer doing an impressive wheelie was included in the article!! It was in fact an 05' ABS that was tested and as mentioned earlier, it was noted that right before the article went to press they received info. on the 06'. Sounds like another round of "Best Bike" awards in store.

Skooter- See ya Friday!

Thats Outfuckingstanding !!! Especially considering the respectable company we were in. '06 sales just got a boost I bet and it'll help keep our 05's worth up there I reckon...but what do I know...I like pepto-bismal on corn flakes.... :)

Bobby

I've heard that they can, but not on purpose. ;)

That's some pretty select company to be compared to. I'll bet, not haveing read the article, that some other bikes won individual categories but the FJR is the best all-arounder.

Who'da think? After the debacle that MCN published as a Sports-Tourer comparo.

One of the better paragraphs from the article (Warchild, listen up!)

"Fast seems to be a bad word at Honda as of late. Two years ago, Big Red gathered up its corporate skirts and opted out of the Speed Wars, declaring the CBR1100XX moto non grata and yanking it from the catalog despite its acclaimed status as pehaps the most well-rounded of the hyperbikes. There's no replacement even hinted at."

- CycleWorld, Nov 2005.

Oh, well.