Dealer Recommendation-Miami/Ft Lauderdale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I have found no Zen in dealers in the Miami / Ft. Lauderdale area.

I bought my '05 at Riva in Pompano Beach. Then upon recommendation from a friend checked out and had my farkles (Speigler SS lines, ABM wave rotors, Wilbers fork springs & rear shock, driveshaft spline lubed) as well as my 600 mile service done at Broward Motorsports in Davie.

I was happy with the work done and the price was reasonable.

I will probably have my 4K service done there as well.

BMS builds custom metric cruisers based on Road Stars so they know their way around a bike.

The mechanic (can't remember his name (CRS)) that did the work has well over 20yrs experience on Yammies and has done at least one ticker job in the past. He was driving an FZ-1 at the time (last year) when I was there.

Cheers

Ditto on the purchase: bought my 05 at Riva. They were OK. Bike hasn't been nack to them, and prolly wont be, as I do the work myself. So, I can't comment on the service, other than I understand they were certainly aware of ticking and heard they repaired a few.

HarveyFJR, who is a low-posting, high riding member here, lives in Weston and has had service done there (tires, etc). PM him, he could prolly give you some ideas.

-BD

Is there a service department in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area that gets a thumbs up?
I haven't been really impressed with the service depts of any of the Miami Yam dealerships. I too have heard a few positive comments about Broward Motorsports but I have no direct experience there. I've done all my own maintenance so far but if it becomes a ticker I will probably take it to BMS.

I've had mixed results with the BMS parts department, they can be "disinterested" at times which is why I use University Motors now for all my parts needs. I have noticed a tick (I don't think it's the "tick") but I need someone more experienced that myself to check it over. I guess I'll give them a try.

I've had mixed results with the BMS parts department, they can be "disinterested" at times which is why I use University Motors now for all my parts needs. I have noticed a tick (I don't think it's the "tick") but I need someone more experienced that myself to check it over. I guess I'll give them a try.
Riva Motorsports in Pompano. Bill is the name of the mechanic, he has good knowledge of the bike and seems to care about about keeping his customers happy. Prices are not outrageous. :clapping:

Pedro

Parts is one thing.

Service is a whole nutter.

The parts dept. BMS SUCKS at times! They all say hi to me when

they see me now after calling Yamaha Customer Service twice

and complaining about their BS.

Service is good. The mechanic (with the pony tail) has been there for about 10 or

12 years (that I know of). But the guy that runs it is the brother of the owner and

he can be a little disorganized. They're getting better. Prefer them to any other Yam

service shop in the area.

And if you come out of there unhappy, take a walk out to the showroom floor, look through

the big plate glass window and see if there's a dark haired guy sitting back there. If so, ask

to speak to the Genl. Manager. I have.

He'll help you.

Careful tho', there's a new AE sitting on the showroom... :unsure: