Death Valley - Feb. 12 thru Feb. 16

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is bug's pic.

12661968_10153931832069628_8379872126018069122_n.jpg

I just noticed this thread about two weeks ago, followed a week later by the realization that I'm off work the 11th through the 14th. Checking online today for room availability at the Longstreet Inn showed no rooms available. Nuts...but I kinda expected that. But I took a chance and called the Inn directly, and they still had rooms available! Got one booked for $99.95. Sweet. The next step was to book a room at the hotel in Tehachapi. Done. Then, of course, I had to ask the wife, "Hey, do you mind if I do a three day ride next weekend? And do you want to go with me?" Of course I can go, but she'll be busy at work and won't be able to come with me. I'm a little bummed about that...she hasn't done an overnight ride with me since last February in New Zealand.

My plan is to leave home on Friday the 12th and make a leisurely ride to Tehachapi in time for pizza and beer. On Saturday I'll follow the group to Death Valley on the route that Tyler mapped out. On Sunday morning I have to head for home so I can start a trip for work on Monday morning.

I've previously only met one person from the forum, so it'll be fun to meet a few more on this trip. I'll be the FNG with a bewildered look on his face trying to remember who everyone is.

Hey Morecowbell, great to see you can make it. Don't worry about being the FNG as long as you buy the beer you will be the most popular guy. ;)

Just take the long way up Box Canyon and through Joshua Tree Nat. Park, it will be a good ride up to Tehachapi. See you Friday night!

OK they pulled the rain for Friday's ride south.

Heck it looks so good I'll be able to pop over to Reno and drop down the backside of the Sierra's.

High's in Furnace creek 83-85, where's the sunscreen
bleh.gif