decided to wash the ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05fjrBluedevil

Reaction score
So after doing my outside chores, I broke out the water hose and washed the ride, could not believe how much grude was on her....(FJR)-aka-perfectblueride

Now she looks almost new again- actually put the summer cut off shield on as well.....little chilly for the ride in, but the 80's and humidity are fast approaching......

Mike, Some things you shouldn't admit in public. Washing your bike is one of them... ;)

JW

Funny you wrote this because I just got pressured into washing the bike for charity! Amazing what a clean windshield looks like!

The wash team:

IMG00169.jpg

And the dry team:

IMG00170.jpg

I guess you guys can paint me and my FJR every color of the rainbow :dribble: She gets washed every weekend, before and after any long trip......and even during road trips!

Last summer while at Deals Gap, a nice ole lady working at the Microtel in Robbinsville gave me a bucket, soap, and towels, and pointed me towards the motels garden hose :yahoo: Rose Ellen was nice and shiny for Killboy's pics while tearing up the Dragon!

A clean FJR is a happy FJR :rolleyes:

Mike, Some things you shouldn't admit in public. Washing your bike is one of them... ;)
JW
Hey, I do not care:fuck:em man just typing that was fun, it actually looks new again.....Besides, I ride this thing year round and sometimes you have to get the road grud and salt off.... besides my header looks as though it is rusting....

i will have to do some polishing on that this weekend.....navajelly, will that hurt the coated dale walker?

to bad I can not just take a shower and look new again......

Now having 4 or 5 others wash it for you and a good cause priceless! way to go>KYFJR

Last edited by a moderator:
People are telling you "a clean bike is a gay bike"

and your response is that this weekend your going to put the "navajelly" to it?

[SIZE=36pt][/SIZE]

1291376_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's so wrong about washing your bike, mines being washed right now. It started raining about 15 minutes ago, nothing like a good acid rain to get the bug guts off the sheild.

People are telling you "a clean bike is a gay bike"and your response is that this weekend your going to put the "navajelly" to it?

[SIZE=36pt][/SIZE]

1291376_01.jpg

Rotflmao.....

Well I guess if you were perverted and gay you might think of navajelly like that.......

But the type I am writing about is for this purpose :rolleyes:

Naval Jelly

Description

For safe and easy removal of rust from iron and steel. Naval Jelly is useful for preparing metal surfaces for painting. Paint will adhere better to iron and steel surfaces when cleaned will Naval Jelly. It is also an ideal pretreatment for all galvanized surfaces prior to painting.

Technical Information

Appearance: Clear Viscous Liquid Solubility: 100%

Density: 8.67Lbs./Gal. pH Level: 1

Odor: Mild Rinsing: Complete

Flash Point: None Stability: Stable

Foaming: Moderate

Directions

For general cleaning of iron and steel, apply full strength with a paint brush, roller or sponge. Allow a dwell time of 5 to 20 minutes depending on the amount of rust to be removed. If heavy encrustations are present, use a wire brush to clean before applying. In severe conditions, it may be necessary to apply Naval Jelly several times. If this occurs, allow a longer dwell time, overnight if possible.

Material Safety

This product is for industrial and institutional use only. Corrosive, contains phosphoric acid.