DFW area 1st Saturday/Sunday Schedule

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TejasFJR

Reaction score
If we stay in the mid-metroplex area, for those planning to attend on Jan 5 is north (grapevine area), central (Euless), or south (arlington) easier to get to?
I like your thinking and placement Marcos. Why don't we rotate it on down? Next would be central - Useless. Where to round there? If the weather is nice, we could meet early and go ride? If the weather's bad, we need a place to hang out?

Is that what we're kinda thinkin? Am I on the right track here? Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be 80!
So looks like it's time to firm up plans for our first "First Sat/Sun Meet & Ride" Based on earlier consensus, the agreement was to meet on the first saturday in January and do it in Euless. I suggest we meet at the Starbuck's located here:

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...c=addr&om=1

As to a time, I could be there as early as 8:30. Should we shoot for 9 or is that too early?

How about five in the morning......nine's too late for me. :rolleyes:
I know better than to try and guess a time that would work for you Odot. Besides, don't you basically roll out of bed, walk to the end of your driveway and you're at that Starbucks?

It's a different starbucks but, they are only half a mile apart nowadays. So, is there a meet this weekend? Saturday I can meet up....sunday I work.

TejasFJR,

Count me in for this ride. However, I am with Odot...this is a little early. 10 o'clock maybe? I am Semper Gumbi (always flexible) so if 9 o'clock is it...I will be there...just draggin' my ass a little.

Look forward to riding.

Rex

RLTW!!

twofer ten.....betcha that's what starbucks is gonna charge ya fer a couple of mugs-o-joe.

TejasFJR,
Count me in for this ride. However, I am with Odot...this is a little early. 10 o'clock maybe? I am Semper Gumbi (always flexible) so if 9 o'clock is it...I will be there...just draggin' my ass a little.

Look forward to riding.

Rex

RLTW!!
I merely meant that the earliest I would be there would be by about 9 or so. I think we should find a time that works for everyone and I'm sure some of us may have a long haul so 10:00 is probably a better time. Does anyone else want to push it back any later?

I don't think all the dfnw folk have crawled out of the woodwork yet.

edit:.....um you mean the fifth of january, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Delema,

Ok, I would really like to meet my fellow DFW area riders, just Got my 07 in Dec. However, its going to be 70 degrees on Sat. I was planing on leaving Dallas around 5:30am and riding south to Anderson to check out the Sam Houston National Forest. With Christmas and family obligations, I've only got 300 miles on my FJR :unsure: Is there some riding planned for this get together??

My sense is that the general idea would be to put away a quick cup of coffee and get some riding in on the days that the weather allows. When the weather doesn't cooperate, we'd just get together for a late breakfast / early lunch to swap stories, plan rides, share tips, torment the waitresses, etc.

Maybe what we need is a volunteer to plan/lead the group for any given gathering. I'd volunteer for this one, but my riding day will be short so I'll likely just tag along for a while before heading back.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sense is that the general idea would be to put away a quick cup of coffee and get some riding in on the days that the weather allows. When the weather doesn't cooperate, we'd just get together for a late breakfast / early lunch to swap stories, plan rides, share tips, torment the waitresses, etc.
Maybe what we need is a volunteer to plan/lead the group for any given gathering. I'd volunteer for this one, but my riding day will be short so I'll likely just tag along for a while before heading back.
I may be able to make it. I sure hate to pass up riding on nice days in winter.

GP