Did Kawasaki blow it with the 2015 Concours

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckeyeFJR

Reaction score
Seemed like an overhaul was coming with the delayed release, and much needed electronics/styling update, however all that changed looks to be the color. Did Kawasaki blow a chance to catch Yamaha and BMW? With Honda on the sidelines, and Kawasaki overdue for some tech, looks like Yamaha will have another good year.

With all the technological prowess they have demonstrated lately, it amazes me that they didn't do something big. Maybe all their engineers were busy trying to find those 300 horses that they stuffed into the H2 ???

Guess I thought that someday some of that horsepower from the might ZX14 would bleed off into the Connie. Not gonna happen, I guess.

Gary

darksider #44

As a C14 owner for the last 7 years, my opinion is that the C14 needs some serious updates if they want to be competitive with the FJR GEN3s. The motor is fine, just needs some mapping adjustments to open the secondary butterfies sooner (which is currently offered by the aftermarket for $375). The suspenion needs different spring rates and full adjustability. The biggest challenge will be to modify the frame to lower the center of gravity and make the C14 more nimble. They also need to modify the seating position so the rider isn't riding downhill most of the time. It was a great package when the GEN2 version was released in 2010 but its moved from first to last since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it really matter? I am loving my FJR!
It could matter. Imagine that you are on a trip. You stay at a motel and in the morning you walk out to your FJR... and there it is, parked right beside your beauty... a dysentery green Concurs. You immediately become nauseated and your day is done.

You made me go look at the new Kawasaki. I like bright colors, but that green really is terrible.

I don't know about the Concours, but did you see the MSRP on the H2?

$25,000 I bet after one throttle roll-on I'd say, "It's worth it."

Kawasaki ran their earlier Concours model 20 years with no major updates.

Maybe history is repeating.

My buddy Mark has 2012 C14. We swapped bikes on the way down to SE Ohio last Aug. because his ass was killing him (stock seat + jeans).

Nice bike, the stock windshield is great. Instrument panel extremely hard to read. Power was okay as was the 6 speed. Not as vibey as the FJR. Build quality was typical Kawasaki, almost good enough. A nice bike, nothing wrong with it.

His impression of mine was positive after we stopped to take off our rain gear and I took it out of Tour mode (I'd forgotten). After that, he loved it. In fact, we stopped for gas after about 75 miles and he didn't want to ride his bike again.

I'd have to think the green ones will go on sale next year. And with the money you save you can easily paint the plastics whatever color you'd like. And add a Zumo, Right?

EEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!! Fugly for sure. You couldn't get me to buy one of them for 1/2 price. Makes battleship grey look 10X better.

Good luck Kawi,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
So, with all the Green Haters, it's pretty obvious there are no hard-core Kawasaki fans reading this thread.

As my FJR is the first NON-Kawasaki bike I've ever owned, all I can say is you green haters don't "get it".

Green is to Kawasaki as red is to Honda, as blue is to Suzuki, as dried-turd gray is to Yamaha, as oily rust is to Harley.