Did Kawasaki blow it with the 2015 Concours

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you read the Kaw forum, they are all aflutter about the Green, and I too like the color, but I have been a COG member for 15 years and have drank a lot of the green koolaide, desguised as fireball LOL

Don't get me wrong. I think the green is cool, maybe just not on a sport tourer. I LOVE the green ZX10-Rs, and would ride the wheels off of one. Hell, I even like the green/black scheme on the ZX14. However, on a fat pig of a bike like the C14, it reminds me of one of those desperate size 16 girls trying to fit into a size 3 sun-dress. It just don't look right!!

Like a Pinto with racing stripes, or a minivan with Mag wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although they missed the opportunity to go with Galaxy Blue, that Candy Lime Green really appeals to the repressed squid in me. I used to use chartreuse lures on Walleye, and I bet they hook a lot of em with this.

How could you NOT love the K-Green????

rex.jpg

I like the green, and think it's sorta cool, but agree too much for a large bike and I think it would get old fast.

How could you NOT love the K-Green????
rex.jpg
I wish you hadn't posted that pic. I had that same year ZRX and had almost gotten over the pain of parting with her. The only bike I seriously regret selling.

I love my Kawasaki Prairie 360 4x4, that quad has been bullet proof and hauled a lot of deer. I also liked all of my KLR's until I bought a Vstrom! Kawi's lineup otherwise just makes me yawn....

Well down the second page and NOBODY's posted a picture of the green yuck in question???

You're gonna make me go FIND one??!?!?! All by myself??!?!?!

I thought you guys were my friends!!!!!

*** Goes and looks around..... ***

OK...... Ewwww!!!!!!!

At least nobody's gonna tell the rider, 'Hey, nice BMW!!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
That'll be a LONG wait, wheatie.....

Still got at least another 100k miles to go on Frankenbike before he's worn out.

Name it -- Kermit? Shamrock? Fukushima? Algae? Toxic 2 Wheeler? Just plain ol' FUGLEY? [Jeff Foxworthy] If this looks good to you... You just might be color blind. [/Jeff Foxworthy]