Discount prices at Umotors no more

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe my thinking is wrong here but when with a vendor at work raises my prices when I have been doing my part (sending them a lot of business and paying on time) I dont praise them for past pricing-embrace the higher prices and be afraid to voice my dislike of the new pricing. vendors policy change, vendors management and owners change and as an end user we should always be on the hunt for the best deal.

Sounds like a real opportunity for another well respected dealer who understands the concept of high volume/low margins.

D&H, are you out there? :clapping:

I'll still send business their way just because of the history and top notch service.
Gunny that.
Yes, excellent service beats low cost. A place where the people know what they're doing is worth the dough, as we already have enough places where people don't know what they're doing... (as per my local dealership that keeps mounting tires backwards and out of balance - ridenow.com, I'm looking at *YOU*, you incompetent morons!!)

Anyone ever tried RonAyers.com to compare their prices? That was a huge vendor on the Suzuki board I belonged to years ago, and they have Yamaha too.
Yes! and they're my favorite internet dealer. I've bought $$$ worth of parts from them over the years, and just recently bought about $400 worth of stuff to do my valves, Racetech valves/springs, fork oil, gaskets, stainless-steel lines, air filter, spark plugs, chain&sprockets, etc for my 50,000 mile freshen-up of my SV-650.

Their prices (about 15% cheaper than everyone else) and their service are very good. I've not yet needed to buy anything for the FJR yet from them. About the only thing they don't sell that I need are batteries and tires. They've never made a mistake in 10 orders, as opposed to partsbandit.com who couldn't even get me the correct clutch lever.

They just recently overhauled their microfiche system this month, and it's even better, even though it now needs Flash. It's only about the 2nd place on the entire 'net where I've actually seen Flash used to advantage, so I load it for them and disable it for everybody else.

Too bad about UM for sure. I dealt w/ Gary McCoy on many occasions and he was great, even when my wife bought me something for the FJR he helped her plenty. Really didn't deal w/ the guy Mike much.

About Ron Ayers, I have a 1996 kawasaki GPZ 1100 that needed some freshening & minor cosmetic work when I bought it a number of years ago. I priced some stuff @ the local dealer (insane pricing and crap service) and have dealt exclusively w/ Ayers since. Had a couple of problems w/ orders, they always made things right quickly. Seemed helpful on the phone as well.

Since I'm in the market for some new parts, thought I'd throw .01 in and say UM offers a shipping discount if you ride to Fargo and pick the parts up.. :rolleyes:

..any new news to be had here? Any other cheap, good service shops not yet listed you've used and need to share?

Well I would have to see if UM new prices are better but Service Honda has been the cheapest for honda parts hands down and now the sell yamaha parts they are cheaper than Ron Ayres on everthing I have looked at.

Needed some parts for my 1993 Kawasaki ZX-11d and also for the 2007 FJR. I did the usual part number search using the internet diagrams and whatnot and also got various prices from the sites. I was a slightly confused (nothing new there :D ) on a couple of parts and wanted to speak to someone via voice so I gave U-motors a call.

I compared their prices to what I had gathered and they were comparable to the lower of the web sites I had visited and beat the higher priced since like bikebandit.com by a wide margin. I went ahead and placed the order with U-motors.

I like those guys.

Mark

less than two weeks ago, i ordered a replacement fz1 mirror for my '05, paid $39 for it and $4 or $5 for shipping.

decent discount, NO tax, fair shipping = i'll use umotors when needed.

they are far cheaper than any local stealerships in my area!

cadman

Last edited by a moderator:
more info re: some discounts; a lister on the list got this reply from gary mccoy:

"HI YOU CAN EMAIL ME AND I WILL TAKE OF ORDERS VIA MY EMAIL, THE ONLINE DEAL

IS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHICH THEY DON'T GET THE GROUP DISCOUNT THAT YOU

GUYS DO, SO FOR ALL YOU FJ AND FJR GUYS EMAIL ME

[email protected] AND I WILL PERSONALLY TAKE CARE OF YOUR

ORDERS. GM 866-433-6635"

hth,

dean

more info re: some discounts; a lister on the list got this reply from gary mccoy:
"HI YOU CAN EMAIL ME AND I WILL TAKE OF ORDERS VIA MY EMAIL, THE ONLINE DEAL

IS FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHICH THEY DON'T GET THE GROUP DISCOUNT THAT YOU

GUYS DO, SO FOR ALL YOU FJ AND FJR GUYS EMAIL ME

[email protected] AND I WILL PERSONALLY TAKE CARE OF YOUR

ORDERS. GM 866-433-6635"

hth,

dean
Reads like great news to me. Nothing like dealing with Gary, and it just happens that I used my last oil filter, last air filter, plugs, etc. in the last couple days and was just thinking that I needed to order that kind of Yamaha maintenance stuff to have on hand. Looks like Gary's going to be getting an e-mail. :)

Please bear with me here... I'm a little confused.

Umotors is in Fargo ND/Fergus Falls MN, Mike Kolstad, 218-998-2200. This I understand.

Yet the post above me quotes Gary McCoy at MONDAKmotorsports. A quick web search shows Mondak to be in Sidney Montana. The web site in MT. has the same 866 phone number as the post quote above me.

I know Garys name was always sysnonymous with Umotors. Did I miss something?

Erik.

Please bear with me here... I'm a little confused.
Umotors is in Fargo ND/Fergus Falls MN, Mike Kolstad, 218-998-2200. This I understand.

Yet the post above me quotes Gary McCoy at MONDAKmotorsports. A quick web search shows Mondak to be in Sidney Montana. The web site in MT. has the same 866 phone number as the post quote above me.

I know Garys name was always sysnonymous with Umotors. Did I miss something?

Erik.

Maybe Gary has moved and brought his "pricing policy" with him. I understood that Gary was no longer with Umotors. This was some time ago.

Maybe Mondak Motorsports in Sidney, Montana is the new place to go for FJRForum members.

LC

Everyone,

Gary was let go at UMotors after 20 some years of service earlier this year.

He is now at MONDAK Motorsports. He is the general Manager and has just started there.

He is getting used to the job and new location. As he gets a hold of his new job, I am sure that the

great service and pricing will be as great as ever.

The above posts are correct on his new contact info. Fell free to contact him and see what he can do

for you.

Dana

Seattlesportsplaza gives 27% discounts and are seeking to maintain volume. I have order several things from them and they are good to deal with.