Discovery Shuttle Launch Ticket Drawing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feeger

Reaction score
I'm going to try to make this.

Here's the text from the Kennedy site:

It's the final launch of Space Shuttle Discovery. And your chance to see it.

Witness the final launch of STS-133 space shuttle Discovery at Kennedy Space Center, currently targeted for Monday, November 1, 2010 at 4:40 pm ET.

Launch dates, times, and Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex operational schedules are subject to change. It is your responsibility to keep up with the date and time of the space shuttle launch. Click here for the official space shuttle launch schedule.

Due to the expected retirement of the space shuttle program in 2011, an increased interest in space shuttle launches has created a higher demand for launch viewing tickets than ever before. We have implemented a new launch ticket opportunity purchasing process. It will ensure everyone who registers will get a fair shot at the limited number of tickets available for these viewing locations:

•NASA Causeway: Admission ticket* to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and a Launch Transportation Ticket to view the launch from the NASA Causeway. $59 adult/$49 child (ages 3-11) plus tax.

•Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex: Admission ticket* to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex with launch viewing from the main Visitor Complex grounds. Special launch day activities. $41 adult/$31 child (ages 3-11) plus tax.

•U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®: Admission ticket to the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame with launch viewing from the Hall of Fame grounds. Special launch day activities. $20 adult/$16 child (ages 3-11) plus tax.

* The Admission ticket to Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex includes a second day free if used within seven consecutive days. Hours of operation are limited on launch days, so we encourage you to visit on a day before or after the launch to enjoy everything that is included with your admission.

Introducing a New Launch Ticket Purchasing Opportunity Process

If you've purchased launch viewing tickets for previous launches, you'll notice that a few changes have been made. This new process ensures a fair opportunity for those that are interested in purchasing launch viewing tickets. One of the most prominent changes is the one-week period to register for the opportunity to purchase tickets. When the registration period ends, registrants will be selected at random for the opportunity to purchase tickets at a later date. Not everyone who registers will be selected to purchase tickets.

Here's How it Works:

1.Registration Period: Register online or by calling 1-800-936-0506 (U.S.) or 1-312-429-0505 (International) beginning August 16, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. ET through August 23, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. ET. You may prefer online registration, as it is faster and easier. This one-week registration period is the only time to register for the opportunity to purchase viewing tickets for the launch of STS-133 space shuttle Discovery from a launch viewing location listed above.

You must provide a valid email address during registration in order to be notified of your eligibility. If selected for the opportunity, you must have access to purchase tickets online. Tickets will not be available for purchase over the telephone.

Please note: Duplicate entries, including name, address and email, will be removed. Only one registration per household will be accepted. If selected, you must purchase tickets with the same name and address that you used to register for the opportunity. No changes of address or name are permitted.

2.Random Drawing: Registration closes on August 23, 2010 at 5:00 p.m. ET and a random drawing will be conducted to determine who will be offered the opportunity to purchase launch viewing tickets. You are not guaranteed tickets for any particular viewing location.

Between August 26 and September 17, you will be notified by email of the status of your registration. If selected, the email will include information on how to purchase tickets. Those that are not selected will also be notified by email.

3.Opportunity to Purchase Tickets: For those selected for an opportunity to purchase launch viewing tickets, your notification email will include the on-sale date and time for when you can purchase tickets. The purchasing opportunity will last for two days. The email will also include a website link and single use log-in ID and password, which must be used to purchase tickets. Those selected will have ample time and opportunity during this period to purchase tickets, however, we recommend purchasing early to help ensure the best opportunity for the viewing site you prefer. Tickets will be available on a first-come basis. If you do not purchase tickets during this two-day period, your opportunity will be forfeited and you will not be able to purchase tickets for STS-133 at another time. There is a limit of six (6) total tickets per transaction (only one transaction per household).

Please note: All tickets will be shipped to the billing address where your credit card statement is received. Also, you must purchase tickets with the same name and address that you used to register for the opportunity. No changes of address or name are permitted.

Thank you for your interest in witnessing the launch of space shuttle Discovery!

https://web.venue365.com/ksc/index.jsp

When I was a kid I saw the Columbia takeoff in person, and it was totally cool to watch. You're pretty far away, but it goes a lot faster than you anticipate once it leaves the launch pad.

You know, that's on the bucket list. I have always wanted to watch one go. Dang, that's far away.

You know, that's on the bucket list. I have always wanted to watch one go. Dang, that's far away.
This will be your last chance to see Discovery launch. After that I think the last ever shuttle launch will be Endeavour in February 2011...

Oh Scooty that's just a Sunday afternoon ride for you, you could use it as practice for one of your IBA functions.

Actually my mom & dad live in Cape Canaveral right on the intercoastal waterway { Banana River].

We've watched many of those launchs and it never gets old seeing one go off.

If you want to stroll over I might be able to meet up with you and go down there.

Hey Tom,
I'm in the drawing. Wanna go if I get picked?
Jeff, If you want to go let me know.

My mother has a friend with a condo on the beach, right on the ocean, if it's not being used I can get it for free.

My mom & dad watch it out their front door. I go out on their dock and watch.

I registered and am crossing my fingers

I probably won't actually be able to go, so would offer any tickets to feeger if he can make it

Anybody want to stop in Nawlins' going or coming for a place to crash, a good local meal or two, or some riding, pls let me know

Thanx for the reminders everyone

Mike

mholiver at cox dot net

If you tweet there is an even better deal, called the 'Nasa Tweetup'. I went to one in Houston last spring and it was great. We got the full VIP treatment right in the middle of a Shuttle mission. The ones for the Shuttle launches are even better.

Registration is open at noon on Tuesday, Aug. 24, for 24 hours.

It's free, and only the actual Twit can attend, no guests.

Well, if it's on the bucket list, then you only have this one or in Feb! If you make it, stop by.

I'll maybe be back to work (@KSC) by the November 1 launch, if not I'll go to either Scottsmoor or Titusville, but for sure will be back by the Feb launch.

If you tweet there is an even better deal, called the 'Nasa Tweetup'. I went to one in Houston last spring and it was great. We got the full VIP treatment right in the middle of a Shuttle mission. The ones for the Shuttle launches are even better.
Registration is open at noon on Tuesday, Aug. 24, for 24 hours.

It's free, and only the actual Twit can attend, no guests.
Thanks for the tip. I'm following NASA now and will be registering tomorrow.

Did anyone get tickets?

I got this email today:

Thank you for registering for the opportunity to purchase viewing tickets for the launch of STS-133 space shuttle Discovery. Unfortunately, your entry was not selected for this ticket purchase opportunity.

I still have a chance to get picked for the NASA tweetup drawing... (thanks JimNtexas)

Did anyone get tickets?
I got this email today:

Thank you for registering for the opportunity to purchase viewing tickets for the launch of STS-133 space shuttle Discovery. Unfortunately, your entry was not selected for this ticket purchase opportunity.

I still have a chance to get picked for the NASA tweetup drawing... (thanks JimNtexas)

Same thanks but no thanks here. :(

:(

Thank you for your interest in attending the NASA Tweetup in conjunction with the launch of space shuttle Discovery on the STS-133 mission. Unfortunately, your registration was neither selected for participation nor the wait list. We value your interest in space and wish we had room to invite everyone who applied. Thank you for your ongoing support of our nation’s space program and the men and women -- including astronauts living in orbit -- who work at NASA.

Latest posts