Do you have a V Stream Windshield & are over 6 foot 3 inches ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogahboogah

Reaction score
So far I've had the stock screen, the AHAMAY tall screen, and a Rifle +5+3 on my '05.

The stock screen sucked, the tall is a tiny bit better but still the screen I use in the summertime. The Rifle screen, which seems pretty darn big, blocks alot of air but still has some issues with noise (caused by turbulence?). I remember a month or two ago hearing people rave about the V Stream, but they were all short people ( 6 foot & under).

Has anyone over 6'3" bought a VStream ? How does it work for you compared to your previous screen ? What was your previous screen ? Do you have buffeting at high speeds (80 & up). What about noise ? Does the Vstream supply a quiet pocket of air to a tall person like me ? I want my next windshield purchase to be my last (but this may be wishful thinking) ...

Although I'm 5'10", I have a taller torso. (29" inseam, you do the math)

To answer your questions from MY experience.....

1 already answered above.

2 It's only marginally better.

3 I had a CeeBailey +7" +3"w

4 Yes.

5 I believe it will provide a quiet pocket for you in the full up position.

6 Keep wishing.....and looking. Trust me. I'm more than a little disappointed. Prolly go back to the CeeBaileys. At least it's cooler in the summer, even at +7.

In all fairness, I'll bet this screen will be awesome in cold weather. It sucks the heat right up from the motor.

5 I believe it will provide a quiet pocket for you in the full up position.
+1 However, I experienced a large amount of back pressure which was eliminated with some spacers that canted the screen back a bit, but that also made it so it wouldn't go up high enough to give you enough protection.
Is there someone near you with one you could test ride?

Like was said before, not much of a hot weather screen. I use my CB for summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 6'4" and just got my V-Stream on in time to go to WooFoo. I had a CeeBailey's +4+2 which was better than stock. but this is the best I've tried so far. For freeway droning or heavy bug country I run it full up, but find it pulls at least as much back pressure in that position as my other screens. Much quieter though. What I love this screen for however is running almost down, as the quality of the air flow is much smoother and quieter than my other shields.

I may screw around with it this Winter and cut some CalSci type holes to see if that makes it pull less back pressure fully up, but I don't want to lose the smooth airflow that I have at lower settings...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 6'1", But taller from the waist up. I love the V-Stream shield after installing some skyway spacers on it. It gives me clean airin the full down position and still provides the cone of silence at 3/4 up.

My only complaint is that it ofers too much protection in the summer, so i am going to use this shield as a cool weather/Wet weather shield.

Not 6'3".... but just got the V Stream and looove it...I even will use it in the warmer weather...especially because it is so quiet that i hear my intercom/music so well with it.