Doctor said quit riding

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about the equilibrium issue. That is a pretty crappy thing for anyone but especially for a rider. To remember that there can be far worse health issues only helps a little bit, I suppose. Hopefully, your sense of physical equilibrium, your overall sense of equilibrium will last forever and you will soon again be doing the things you enjoy.

I would like to thank each and every one of you guys on here for your concern and your advice. After reading these, I have decided to keep the bike and find out what is what and not worry about it at this time. The doctor told me it was Maneers (spelling?) and that there is a surgery that can be performed to release the pressure in the ear drums...however there is a very good chance that you can loose your hearing. Screw that!!!!! I will start researching a little and find other options. But again.... Thank you one and all.

Rexford

(I will be riding again!)

I would like to thank each and every one of you guys on here for your concern and your advice. After reading these, I have decided to keep the bike and find out what is what and not worry about it at this time. The doctor told me it was Maneers (spelling?) and that there is a surgery that can be performed to release the pressure in the ear drums...however there is a very good chance that you can loose your hearing. Screw that!!!!! I will start researching a little and find other options. But again.... Thank you one and all.

Rexford

This is good news, take care. :)

Rexford

Bully for you, keep fighting, don't give up!

Don't give up! Selling a good boat or a good motorcycle will make you old in a hurry. As long as you have that bike to look at you can use it as inspiration to get better.

I'm glad to hear that you're keeping the bike I know I'd sit on it for a long time before I thought of selling it.

Good luck, get well and ride again!

you know you could bolt a side car on the FJR this is what i will dowhen i cant hold my bike up any more I can't stand the Trikes the the back end of them looks like a small Truck

you can get better got to beleive :D

Rexford

It is good that they diagnosed your condition; I have heard of treatments not surgery and I know it is controllable to the point of living a normal live.

I would research and get second opinions.

Best of luck.

After 30+ years of riding, I had a situation at the house that sent me to the Emergency Room. Seems that my equilibrium is now messed up. So it looks like after finding my dream bike...I may have to sell it and quit riding. What should I ask for a 2008 w/ABS, Corbin Seat, Gen-Mar risers, grip puppies, V-Stream windscreen/and stock, OES frame sliders, Wynpro Fatfoot, Newish PR2's (about 95%) and Saddle bag liners. The bike has about 5K miles and was just recently serviced. Would like to get as much as possible and pay off the DX bills coming in.

Thanks for your time,

Rexford

PS, please be gentle on me :(

Rexford do keep us informed on this issue. I too have had some equilibrium issues and the docs can't find out why. But it has not keep me off the bike and is not severe right now. Really I'm not supposed to be on a bike due to arthritic issues but what is one to do? I don't want to die on the couch watching the travel channel now do I.

Anyway, good luck with this and hope all works out. Take care, painman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rexford

Good for you, keep fighting, don't give up!
+ 1 :)

Latest posts