Documentation for diagnostic mode

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeLine

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is documentation available for all the diagnostic commands for the Gen II? I have the service manual but it doesn't go into a lot of detail. I've searched the forum and the internet but have not been able to find any references to a manual or set of documents that gives a complete description of all the commands.

check out page 8-64 of the service manual. it walks you through how all the sensor and actuator tests work... it also lists all the fault codes.

What exactly are you trying to do. I have some recent experience with the diagnostic screen. I will help you if I can.

check out page 8-64 of the service manual. it walks you through how all the sensor and actuator tests work... it also lists all the fault codes.

Thanks, I will definatly study that section.

What exactly are you trying to do. I have some recent experience with the diagnostic screen. I will help you if I can.

So looks like I will now have to confess. While setting the CO settings back to the modified values after a ECU upgrade I stumbled into a set of diagnostics that I was not familiar with. Fearing I might inadvertently change something I shouldn't be messing with I just switched off the key and started over.

Nothing bad seemed to have happened and the bike ran fine but I would have been more comfortable if I knew enough about navigating in diagnostic mode to check things out.