Drive shaft question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikewhore

Reaction score
I removed my rear pumpkin/ drive shaft assy to lube it. I removed the drive shaft entirely. Lubed both end splines and noticed there was a seal on the back end. I lightly tapped everything back together and it sits until my tire mount tomorrow.

I noticed a little pumpkin fluid had leaked out when I had the pumpkin at a slight downward angle. Did I pooch the seal or is this normal? Everything went back together easily and required no force.

Tell me I am ok, or at the very least, lie to me convincingly.

I had read the FJR tech portion but not your write up. I should have searched a little better. The write up was wickedly informative and a huge weight off my conscience. It's good to know that my "car" is ok. :)

Thanks again.

-Scot

lie to me convincingly.
Ok.

Everything is fine. Don't worry. Relax.

Clicky HERE for the path of driveshaft enlightenment
Outstanding to be thus enlightened, Skooter. Have had mine apart to lube, but didn't pull the seal end out of the pumpkin -- nice to know it's no big deal and to watch out for the gear lube leakage. Excellent article!

Anything else we should know about T.W. Nut and his abuse of gerbils? Does he lube them, and if so, Mobil 1 syn grease?

I've had skin irritations with mob1 synth grease. Crisco seems to work much better. Take care as not to get any on your willy by mistake. It's shortening.