Dual Platinum Spark Plugs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info there ion beam. Dielectric grease sounds like the right thing for this application. Yes, the valve check will be coming before too long and having the spark plug caps loose now, I shouldn't have an issue. Hopefully, I will only need to check the valves vs. adjusting them. My last bike had the bucket/shim type of adjustment and there was no need to pull the cams off. The FJR valve adjustment is a little more involved.

If you just "wasted good hard cash" on generic, plain Jane, run of the mill Iridium spark plugs, why not just reverse the leads to the coils on occasion, and call it good?

Brodie

huh.png

If you just "wasted good hard cash" on generic, plain Jane, run of the mill Iridium spark plugs, why not just reverse the leads to the coils on occasion, and call it good?
Senor Brodie is on to something here for all you first and second genners and your wasting of sparks. What you need is a discreetly located, 4 pole, double throw switch wired in line with the 4 wires going to the primary (low voltage) side of the two coils. That way you can run the spark plugs in one direction for a while and with the flip of a switch you could reverse their polarity and double the plug life.

Brilliant!