ECB brake pad installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardS

Reaction score
Just replaced the rear pads and noticed the stock pads have an aluminum maybe vibration dampener pad. There were no pad instuctions!! Should I have put these on the EBC's (green) ??

It should have been stainless, and yes, you should have put the shim on the new pad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not that I don't trust your advice, but I just got an email back from EBC and they said do NOT reinstall the OEM shims on their pads.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be my-bad if EBC doesn't recommend using the original shims. My only experience was replacing the OEMs with Carbone Lorraine pads, in which general consensus was to use the stainless shims. Go with the manufacturer recommendation; sorry for any nebulous advice.

The 'green' EBC pads have a rubber-like mottled coating on the back which I thought was the anti-squeal mechanism. But then the OEM shims might distribe the area over more surface, so this could have gone either way. The worst part was no install instructions from EBC! Thanks for the post.