Engine Burping

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyOwnRocket

Reaction score
05 FJR abs; purchased in Sept 05 with 1,900 miles; now has 12,400 miles. At start up / warm up I can clearly hear something missing, not every time the bike is started but definitely now and then. It is almost like a burping noise from the motor; when doing a tbs a while back it was very noticeable when the vac hoses were off and the motion pro tool was in the process of being attached or was attached. Should I schedule a sooner rather than later valve guide check? Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

05 FJR abs; purchased in Sept 05 with 1,900 miles; now has 12,400 miles. At start up / warm up I can clearly hear something missing, not every time the bike is started but definitely now and then. It is almost like a burping noise from the motor; when doing a tbs a while back it was very noticeable when the vac hoses were off and the motion pro tool was in the process of being attached or was attached. Should I schedule a sooner rather than later valve guide check? Should I be worried?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
I find myself listening for the dreaded tick occasionally. My 05 has nearly 20,000 miles and runs with as little noise as my new 06.

Still I listen and I listen.

My '05 had some acid reflux a while back... but I figured out it was just some bad Mexican gas that got into the tank... :rolleyes:

No burps, farts, hiccups, sneezes, or coughs before my ticking developed. Have you replaced the plugs?
Took the plugs out, inspected and cleaned, they looked fine. I get paid this week so I will buy new this weekend (all my other $$ goes to gas, oil and filters :) )