Engine Oil

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relatively new to fjr, what are some of the oils being used.

Please if you value your cyber-forum-dignity :ph34r: :assassin: ....do a search before posting this thread......ooops!

Too late.. :dribble:

They are coming!!!!!!

anyways, just search the google for oil/fjrforum... you'll hit a gold mine of info-overload.

google search is your friend: oil preference site:fjrforum.com or just oil

google "??????? site:fjrforum.com"

I guess I'll bite before NEPRT

I purchase from Wally World a gallon and a quart in the dark blue jugs

Shell Rotella synthetic 5w40 and am very happy with it and it's a big bang for the buck

gallon jug is $19

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

The owners manual is notable for its brevity when mentioning oil. Yamalube 4 (20w-40) or SAE20w40. Service guy stated Yamalube 4 is no longer made. SG & Jaso MA standards are plain. I put in Yamalube semi-syn SAE 10w-50. I run full syn in my Wing and Golden spectro blend 10w-40 in my Concours.

Norwegian Fish Oil B)

Bah... ok... Yamalube 20-40 :p

Relatively new to fjr, what are some of the oils being used.
I can't help but ask! Have you even bothered to glance at Best of NEPRT? The thread specifically built for YOU and lovingly researched by forum veterans for YOU?

Help us to help you. Please don't dishonor the time and effort they went through to answer this often-asked question. PLEASE, try reading it a bit first and then if you have a question.....that isn't answered in at least 5 minutes of reading through...then get back to us.

Thank you for your patience and willingness to give that click a chance. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.