EOM 2008 Planning & Information

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
eomshirtbackdraft1.jpg

Updated: 16 Aug 08

Registration is now up to 93! Also, the deadline for T-shirt orders is fast approaching. Friday, 22 Aug 08 is the cut off for getting t-shirts /w your registration. You will still be able to register after that, just no shirts. -wr

Updated: 6 Aug 08

Registration is at 80, don't forget to get your rooms reserved as well!

Updated: 4 Aug 08

Update; 77 Guest's registered on www.fjreom.com!!!

[SIZE=12pt]Updated: 29 July 2008[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Well folks, we're closing in now. Just over 50 days until EOM 2008. The registration site is up and we have 67 riders registered. We also have 28 Rooms reserved as of yesterday. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If you have not your reservations yet, make sure you give the Brier Inn a call soon. The block of rooms will be released on 5 September 2008. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][/size][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The cut off for t-shirt orders is 22 August 2008. Make sure you visit www.fjreom.com[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt].[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The route files are done, compiled and polished up thanks to the efforts of Jeff Ashe, reviewed for accuracy and fun meter quota by our fearless route recon team of Jim, Heidi, Jeff (I'm sure there are others that I can't remember right now). The only problem will be either a.) picking which ones to ride, or b.) explaining that you won't be back to work on time because you have 6 more route to run before you leave Lewisburg. The Maps and route files are available for download on the website now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/size][/SIZE]

Ride Safe.

Wayne

Updated 10 Jun 08

Registration Site is up! Stroll on over the
www.fjreom.com or see this.

Thank you webmaster JWilly!

Updated 5 Jun 08

We are getting close now, folks. Jwilly is close to having the registration site up soon, OHFJR has t-shirts just about ironed out, and Haulin'Ashe, LUV2Ride, & spklbuk have been working out some good roads for us; there are many other hard at work behind the scenes...

I apologize for the lack of news here, but I have been and am still in the process of moving to a new duty station and finding a house for the family. We are all in Michigan now, and should be in a new home by July. Thanks to dedicated members, things have continued to move forward.

As of May 24th, we had 30 rooms reserved at the Brier Inn.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in September

-extrememarine

Updated: 15 Feb 08

Alright, folks, here's the somewhat official word on the 2008 Eastern Owners Meet.

What:
EOM '08

When: 19 – 21 September 2008

Where: Brier Inn

304 N. Jefferson Street

Lewisburg, WV

(304) 645-7722

Update 15 Febuary 2008:

Hotel rates have been finalized and listed below. The Brier Inn is ready to take reservations now. Our group reservation number is "1300". Just let them know you are with the FJR motorcycle group. If any issues should come up, make sure to let me know so that I can assist with working it out with hotel management.

Single Occupancy Rate: $64.00 + Tax

Double Occupancy Rate: $69.00 + Tax

Reservation / front desk: (304) 645-7722

Here is the list of volunteers thus far and the tasks they are heading up:

What & Who:

Local interpreter: spklbuk

Swag beggar (Door Prizes): Thompsonian

Dinner: luv2ride (& official bug-da-crap-out-of-da-organizer-posting guru)

Mapping Guru: Haulin'Ashe

T-Shirts:
Premier Cycle Accessories - OHFJR

Nametags: Violione

Map / Direction printer: FJRFencer & Violione

Webmaster: jwilly

EOM Banquet MC(s): Scab & Fencer

We will also be setting up a dinner banquet for Saturday evening, following last year's schedule.

There will be much more info to follow, and I will update this post as I get it.

More to follow, so check back often.

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
Already put in my leave request. My boss looked at me like I was crazy, submitting such an early request. Count me in!!!

Muy Bueno!!

I am making plans to attend, but it's hard to say for sure so far in advance. I'm about 75% sure about myself but not sure if I'd be 2-up or solo for the weekend.

I've never even been in West Virginia before, never mind ridden there, so this should be a great adventure.

WOO HOO!! Thanks on heading this up. I'd love to help, but not sure where yet. Pretty sure the wife and I iwll make it again TY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and Zooomm would like to be there....it's pencilled in on our calendar!

I,m in also. Just got Zumo and looking foward to using it. :)
A.C.
I'm going to be coming to this esteemed event, too. WV has always been one of my favorite riding areas. Like road runner, I've just bought a Zumo, too. Are there going to be Garmin map files for the area that will be available before the rally?

Mike / gasportrider

There * SHOULD * be GPS files. When the routemeister gets his routes together, he will more than likely post them up for all to have access to.

Regarding GPS files; At a minimum, we have the files the JeffAshe put together for 2007. These files were very well put together with both GPS & hard copy direction & maps files.

I am finishing up the agreement with the hotel, so look for registration info very soon.

-wr

A.C.
I'm going to be coming to this esteemed event, too. WV has always been one of my favorite riding areas. Like road runner, I've just bought a Zumo, too. Are there going to be Garmin map files for the area that will be available before the rally?

Mike / gasportrider

You can preview last year's routes here

GPS goodies will be along in due time. Here is a link to last year GPS stuff, not sure if it still active.

I'm in. Got the days lined up at work. Now...if I can just arrange for no rain on the ride down.............. :thumbsup:

I've had an FJR since November of '04, and have never been to a regional meet. I'm planning on this one. It looks like a family reunion in Puerto Rico this summer will sabotage NAFO in Golden... shit. I'd love to do both.

A.C.

Mike / gasportrider

You can preview last year's routes here

GPS goodies will be along in due time. Here is a link to last year GPS stuff, not sure if it still active.
I couldn't get the FTP link to connect. However, I did PM Jeff Ashe a few days agon and he said his GPS maps will be posted and likely without change as most folks didn't get to ride all the routes last year.

I had the opportunity to download some Garmin routes for a Texas rally the other day. It was a Virgin experience for me. Wow, What a Rush!

I can't wait to see Jeff's maps.