EOM 2008 Planning & Information

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just crazy.........................
I leave tomorrow morning for Daniels WV where I'll be attending a conference all week at the resort at Glade Springs. I have to leave and fly back home on Friday the 19th............and I'll be only 45 miles West of you guys! :angry:

:(

Ya'll have fun.
You could 'miss your flight' and not be able to reschedule until Monday...

This is just crazy.........................
I leave tomorrow morning for Daniels WV where I'll be attending a conference all week at the resort at Glade Springs. I have to leave and fly back home on Friday the 19th............and I'll be only 45 miles West of you guys! :angry:

:(

Ya'll have fun.
Some reason you can't ride out to the conference and join us at EOM on Friday?

I do have a rental car, I think my rental return is due by 2:30 p.m. on Friday. I suspect most of you guy's probably wont even arrive in Lewisburg on Friday until later that afternoon.........it being day 1 for the event.

What's the estimated drive time from Lewisburg and Charleston? I think the airport is named Yerger?? or something like that.

I don't mind checking out early from Glade Springs and running by EOM on the morning of the 19th, maybe having breakfast and a short meet and greet....but I suspect I'll have to start heading back to Charleston before noon.

Will anyone be around for EOM the morning of 9/19?

There will be plenty of folks there on Friday morning. Your problem would be driving there & everyone would be out riding, already... that is unless you come by pretty early. Another option is to come by on Thursday night. Last year we had a really good turnout of folks arriving on Thursday.

I myself expect to be in Lewisburg by 4:00ish PM on Thursday,

If you make it by, please say "hello", Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
Thursday night/afternoon/evening may work better.............I think things start wrapping up pretty early Thursday w/respect to the conference.................and after being there 6 straight days.........if I can break away early I may try to ride over since there will be some attendees present :) At least stop by and get to meet a few new faces....good idea Heidi....thanks for the info...maybe I can steal a EOM sticker or sump'n :eek:

I'll search around and find hotel info and directions.

Hope to see some of you guy's Thursday ;)

There will be plenty of folks there on Friday morning. Your problem would be driving there & everyone would be out riding, already... that is unless you come by pretty early. Another option is to come by on Thursday night. Last year we had a really good turnout of folks ariving on Thursday.

I just plotted a route from Charleston to the Brier and it looks like about a 90 minute ride, maybe a little longer in a car ;) .

I'll be pulling into the Brier some time before dark on Thursday.

There will be plenty of folks there on Friday morning. Your problem would be driving there & everyone would be out riding, already... that is unless you come by pretty early. Another option is to come by on Thursday night. Last year we had a really good turnout of folks arriving on Thursday.

I'll just take Jwillie's bike Friday morning.........both he and I are about the same size.........he'll be sleeping off the J'meister head anyway...........and I'll join ya'll for the morning ride........he can use my rental for the morning :rolleyes:

Anyone passing via Richmond, VA (or thereabouts) to go to EOM?

I plan to leave Friday either late morning or afternoon.

We could ride together.

I just plotted a route from Charleston to the Brier and it looks like about a 90 minute ride, maybe a little longer in a car .
Two hours on the slab from L'burg to Yeager airport in Charleston.

Donald, you can be adventurous and take Rt 60 from L'burg to Charleston in about 2 1/2 hours and run a mountain route up close and personal. It is an enjoyable drive even in the cage as long as your are not running late.

Then again, you could rent a Harley (and maybe a Buell) in Charleston and just ride back to EOM for the weekend!! WV Harley of South Charleston

you people aint gonna believe this shit.................

This little MS rednek is posting this message from the Greenbrier. I just finished eating lunch at the Sam Sneed Bistro on the grounds here :yahoo:

The room rates just went down after I walked onto the premises..........

They are having the Senior LPGA tourney starting here tomorrow.

I will not return from a rafting trip Thursday until after 6.........So, I'm questionable about coming over Thursday evening. After the raftng trip on the "New River"? I think that's the right name............anyway we are suppose to have some coctail party and dinner.

Things are not looking so good at the moment for a short ride over to the Briar on Thursday afternoon..........which by the way we passed right by on our way to the Greenbriar...I recognized the hotel right off the exit.

spklbuk...........

After renting the car at the airport yesterday and driving to Glade Springs Resort.........it took over an hour and a half. I'm thinking your prolly more accurate in your drive time estimate from what I can tell.

If I can put something together for Friday morning I'll try to make it over to the Briar...I think it's about an hour from Glade Springs....

I can tell by looking at all these great mountains you guy's are going to have a great weekend ride, this place looks fabulous for good mountain twisty riding fun.

Be careful..........here's whiching everyone returns home safe and well. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like real tough duty you've got going this week...I guess somebody's got to do it! :D

You are correct on both counts. Glade to Brier is about an hour. Rafting is on the New River, which ironically is the oldest river system in North America...go figure.

Hope to see you this weekend.

Latest posts