EOM 2012 FAQ

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Things are picking up speed now. I am hacking away at the website, and should have it roughed out in the next day or so. Please be patient! Here's some FAQ's, post any new inquiries you might have here.

Edit - if you don't see it here, check out the EOM subforum for the other topics posted about EOM as well as visiting www.fjreom.com.

-Wayne

Q. I have a friend that I would like to bring but he/shedoesn't ride an FJR?

A. All bikes and brands are welcomed. We do insist that anyone with loud pipesbe considerate of other hotel guests and take the back during organized grouprides.

Q. Are there restaurants in the area of the hotel?

A. Ever hear of Google? Yes, there arerestaurants within walking distance or a short ride of the hotel – in fact,just about every brand of fast food and chain restaurant is represented at thisexit off I-26.

(this questions is just too good to delete)

Q. Will Fencer be a Jackass at EOM or is that just on the forum?

A. Yes, It's genetic. Can we PLEASE leave this in the FAQs!

Q. What time is "check-in" at the hotel?

A. Check-In is 3:00 p.m. (EDT), Check-Out is 11:00 a.m. (EDT)

Q. Will there be someone there for me to "check-in" with upon myarrival?

A. Nope, find your own damn room. We'll be drinking. There will be a table set up Friday eveningin the lobby area near the front desk. Nametags and registration packets will be handed out then.

Q. Will printed maps be available for the various routes?

A. No, you will be able to download routes in various GPS formats from thiswebsite. If you require printed maps, then it's time to make friends withsomeone who has a GPS – See you in the parking lot!!

Q. Will there be a water hose or wash station available at the hotel?

A. Yes, but you will have to wait in line behind HaulinAshe.

Q. When do the group rides begin?

A. Group rides are informally organized. Everyone should "ride their ownride", at their own pace and at their own risk. Group ride leaders can benominated during the parking lot social. This is what it's all about – make new friends, ride new roads, telltall tales at the end of the day in the parking lot.

Q. Are there any planned/group meals and when are they?

A. The EOM Banquet will be Saturday, 22 September 2012 at6:30pm in the banquet room. The doorprize extravaganza will take place after dinner.

Q. Why do I need to register for EOM and what is included?

A. Registration includes ticket for admission (for 1) to theEOM Banquet dinner Saturday night and the door prize give away which followsand one t-shirt.

Q. How do I register for EOM?

A. Registration information will be posted soon!

Q. Does EOM registration include a hotel room?

A. No, each guest is responsible for making their own hotelreservations. Contact the Quality Inn& Suites of Hendersonville at (828) 692-7231,and make sure to mention that you are with the FJR group.

Q. How & when can I registrater?

A. Registration process is being finalized and tested now,information will be posted soon.

Q. Where is the closest Yamaha shop?

A. Harper Cycle of Hendersonvile.

I just spoke to the service manager at Harper Cycles in Hendersonville. This is the local Yamaha shop in Hendersonville. Jud is going to order in a few tires to ensure they can help out should anyone need a tire or two to get home. I suggested he have a couple PR2's on hand as that seems to be the most popular set up right now. He will also probably have Conti-Motions on a better more price point side as well.

Harper Cycles is located at 1108 Spartanburg Hwy in Hendersonville, minutes from the hotel. They are open from 9a -5:30p on Friday, and 9:00am to Noon on Saturday. They can be reached at 828-692-1124 - Jud Merrell will do everything he can to get you taken care of.

Harpercycle.com

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL! I see that I'm not the only one that has witnessed him washing his bike in the middle of a ride/after a ride/before he works on it, etc...

LOL! I see that I'm not the only one that has witnessed him washing his bike in the middle of a ride/after a ride/before he works on it, etc...
I do the same thing! A clean bike is a Happy bike. I have to admit to washing my bike twice in one day if it got dirty enough! :rolleyes:

(this questions is just too good to delete)

Q. Will Fencer be a Jackass at EOM or is that just on the forum?

A. Yes, It's genetic. Can we PLEASE leave this in the FAQs!

Undoubtedly Andy asked this :lol:

I just spoke to the service manager at Harper Cycles in Hendersonville. This is the local Yamaha shop in Hendersonville. Jud is going to order in a few tires to ensure they can help out should anyone need a tire or two to get home. I suggested he have a couple PR2's on hand as that seems to be the most popular set up right now. He will also probably have Conti-Motions on a better more price point side as well.

Harper Cycles is located at 1108 Spartanburg Hwy in Hendersonville, minutes from the hotel. They are open from 9a -5:30p on Friday, and 9:00am to Noon on Saturday. They can be reached at 828-692-1124 - Jud Merrell will do everything he can to get you taken care of.

Harpercycle.com

Selling yourself short like that is NOT going to get you out of setting up the next Ramble and Camping trips....

Good job organizer. I never would have thought of doing that. Guess that shows why yer the big guy and I'm not. :D
Oops! You're Busted Wheaton. :lol:

That's what you call, paying attention to the minor details! :clapping:

WOW! Thhe FAQ doesn't mention the hotel, the hotel's phone #, the hotel's website, or even what state this event is taking place in.

:angry:

WOW! Thhe FAQ doesn't mention the hotel, the hotel's phone #, the hotel's website, or even what state this event is taking place in.

:angry:

Go to the EOM website. It has all that information. https://www.fjreom.com/

Or here:Quality Inn & Suites Room Rates:

201 Sugarloaf Road Standard $59.99/night

Hendersonville, NC 28792 Suite $69.99/night (828)692-7231