EOM 2015 - Lewisburg, WV - 25-27 September 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be cold in the morning but normally warms in the afternoon. So, be prepared for that too.
It may be cold in the morning but normally warms in the afternoon. So, be prepared for that too.
Yeah, that's what I figured. I know my husband looks at me funny when I leave on Fall/Winter rides with 3 different sets of clothing. I REALLY hate wearing my winter jacket because it's just so bulky it is not comfortable to ride in. I need a new one, but not that bad -- yet. I'm hoping my mesh jacket and heated liner will do the trick. Anyhow, I always leave with both jackets, thermal pants, yoga pants for when it gets warmer but I still need a layer between my mesh pants and my legs (the mesh is really scratchy on my legs and I hate it) .. 3 sets of gloves, my tennis shoes and my MC boots. I'm ridiculous! :D But - I always have what I need.

K.J.
See you guys in Lovale Md. Wens. night.

I'll be there early and Ray will be there later in the evening.
Awesome! Looks like a good ole kick-off party is taking shape at the Econolodge in Lavale MD, Weds nite! (9/23)

We should roll in around 4-6pm, depending on our lunch stop at the Hangar-9 in Lockhaven PA

header.jpg
I am taking Wednesday off so should make it early afternoon - depending on how many interesting roads I find between Schenectady and Lavale MD
Same here on the leaving Weds. AM, well, as soon as Mike 'the Wine Guy' gets to my house...

Still planning on breakfast at Curley's Family Restaurant Watkins Glen NY

Lunch at the Hanger 9 in Lockhaven PA (after a fun ride down 144 and 44)

Pre-kickoff party at the Econolodge LaVale MD

See you down in LaVale MD!
smile.png

Anyone else?, you got our schedule by way of our eating holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Headed out Wed morning from SE FL. I was going to meet up with Wheaton for Thursday's ride up... but now I need a new plan. Been so busy I haven't had a chance to even look at a map. Cannonball run out of the flat-lands on day one and then just set the GPS to avoid highways on day two is the fall back at this point but I think I can do better.

Headed out Wed morning from SE FL. I was going to meet up with Wheaton for Thursday's ride up... but now I need a new plan. Been so busy I haven't had a chance to even look at a map. Cannonball run out of the flat-lands on day one and then just set the GPS to avoid highways on day two is the fall back at this point but I think I can do better.
Ken, there are a few other riders heading up to EOM from Florida...or find someone on the attendee list that you might know, and PM them...or not. See you next Thursday

Heading out Thursday morning after we drop her son off at work. Expect to be on the road from south-central PA by 0700. Stopping on our way down fro 2 Tour of Honor photos.

I'll be leaving on Wednesday morning with Thingfish and Yamaha4now. We plan to stay in Elkins on Wednesday night and wander around WV on Thursday and arrive in Lewisburg on Thursday evening. See you there.

We are leaving 5:00a Thursday, plan on overnight in Florence, or there abouts, then arrive in WV Friday. We'll leave Monday for Maggie area, and beyond.

Btw, wifey and I are Marie and Rob respectively. Marie will also answer to "Wench" and I will also answer to "Lakeland". We look forward to meeting everyone and sharing good times.

Ken, there are a few other riders heading up to EOM from Florida...or find someone on the attendee list that you might know, and PM them...or not. See you next Thursday
Yah... I'm thinking something like Parkland, FL to Spartanburg on Wednesday and Spartanburg to Lewisburg on Thursday like this:

https://goo.gl/maps/6aldS

Anyone in?

We are leaving Wednesday morning and most likely staying over in Harrisburg PA. Arriving Thursday. Willing to meet up for the second leg with other folks if interested.

Dave

Made a quick pit stop in Lewisburg, WV Monday on our way back from speedy Illinois weekend trip and the weather was WONDERFULLY COLD!!!! dress warm people!!! FALL is here and them mountains be CHILLLLY!!
bike.gif
small bit o construction in the area as well.... c yaLL in 9 days!!!!!! (Mrs. m&m)
What is with all this cold weather? It won't be Fall until next Monday! Riding through the Virginia mountains with temperatures in the mid 40s the other night showed I made a packing mistake for this trip.

Hey is there anyone passing thru NJ on their way to EOM who could stop at my place and pickup some cold weather gear for me? I'm going to need it when I leave the flat lands of Jawjah.

Made a quick pit stop in Lewisburg, WV Monday on our way back from speedy Illinois weekend trip and the weather was WONDERFULLY COLD!!!! dress warm people!!! FALL is here and them mountains be CHILLLLY!!
bike.gif
small bit o construction in the area as well.... c yaLL in 9 days!!!!!! (Mrs. m&m)
What is with all this cold weather? It won't be Fall until next Monday! Riding through the Virginia mountains with temperatures in the mid 40s the other night showed I made a packing mistake for this trip.

Hey is there anyone passing thru NJ on their way to EOM who could stop at my place and pickup some cold weather gear for me? I'm going to need it when I leave the flat lands of Jawjah.
The pool is still open. Cold?

Anyone want to meet up near Pittsburgh (east or south) on Thursday for the trip down?

New tires- on and ready.

Oil and filter- changed and clean.

.....Rear brake pads look like they might need replaced.

Now just need to pack:

Throw the garage/bike stuff in one saddlebag. Throw the pantry in the trunk. Throw my closet in the dry bag. That leaves one saddlebag for the edible alcohol. Sounds like a plan!!

I am leaving on Wednesday morning. Slabbing it to Robbinsville, NC to play around in the area for the afternoon and evening. (I was told I missed some great roads when I was down there last summer.) Thursday will be spent twisting it up to Lewisburg. See y'all then!!

Let's do this!!!

bike.gif

The pool is still open. Cold?

Anyone want to meet up near Pittsburgh (east or south) on Thursday for the trip down?
I'll be meeting up with Tyler, in Sutton WV. After she picks up her ride, the plan is to ride up to Weston, to check out the Lunatic Asylum, then take 19 south to 4 to Rock Cave, and take 20 down to Charmco, and take 60 to Lewisburg.

Tom,

Meg and I will be leaving Pittsburgh on Thursday morning.

As of now, I am going to take 79 to 33 (Elkins) then 219 into Lewisburg. The other idea was taking 20 to 60 into Lewisburg.

If the timing works, you're welcome to join us.

I'm heading out Sunday or Monday on the enduro and following the TransEasternTrail to WV.

Or maybe I should take the FJR Sunday and take a small detour

Whats a boy to do? I just need to pack up my undies and go. Both bikes are crying they don't want to be left behind!
laugh.gif

12004003_10204944283826940_201723537081123861_n.jpg

Yah... I'm thinking something like Parkland, FL to Spartanburg on Wednesday and Spartanburg to Lewisburg on Thursday like this:

https://goo.gl/maps/6aldS

Anyone in?
Looks good...but if you can, enjoy 16 north of 58 up to Tazewell...

Have fun y'all.

I'm heading out Sunday or Monday on the enduro and following the TransEasternTrail to WV.
Or maybe I should take the FJR Sunday and take a small detour

Whats a boy to do? I just need to pack up my undies and go. Both bikes are crying they don't want to be left behind!
laugh.gif

12004003_10204944283826940_201723537081123861_n.jpg
If you ride the FJR and take the "small detour", you'll be riding by my house in Brunswick. That looks like quite the adventure. See you next week

K.J.
See you guys in Lovale Md. Wens. night.

I'll be there early and Ray will be there later in the evening.
Awesome! Looks like a good ole kick-off party is taking shape at the Econolodge in Lavale MD, Weds nite! (9/23)

We should roll in around 4-6pm, depending on our lunch stop at the Hangar-9 in Lockhaven PA

header.jpg
I am taking Wednesday off so should make it early afternoon - depending on how many interesting roads I find between Schenectady and Lavale MD
Schenectady?? We are leaving Cohoes, NY on Wednesday morning as well. We will be staying in Altoona, PA. in lieu of Lavale, MD.