EOM 2017 - Parting thoughts and thank you's...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Another one in the books…

There are so many hero’s among us; those who carry the heavy load when called upon. Typing this is difficult on so many levels.

Help me in recognizing those who were a part of making this weekend’s gathering special and memorable. I am sure there are many more than I can list especially with my absence on Friday and Saturday.

Gerald and Brenda (Clocklaw) – swag master, t-shirt coordinators, Banquet, pretty much jack of all trades.
Jason and Sonya – Registration, banquet, rider down assistance (and thank you for not needing to ride on my back seat this year!!)
Mike and Wanda – rider down assistance and transport until 2am Saturday!!
Bob – Intech – registration, banquet
Lee – leedavis – graphic design and route mapping (again)
Tyler - photography and general cat herder
Bill - yamafitter - photography and drone footage
Mark – FJRVFR – registration
Joe – eltorojoe – registration, donating EOM stickers;
Brandon – bseelbach – registration
Dave – Thomsonian - registration

There are many, many more, I am certain – I apologize for not having kept a more accurate list. Please chime in if you know someone who helped or helped in some way your self – you deserve recognition and thank you’s.

It was more difficult not being there Friday and Saturday than I ever expected. You guys are my extended family; many were there in my time of need and I am still trying to pay that forward at every turn I’m able. Saturday afternoon was pretty hectic; my brother’s wedding was pretty informal, so we all pitched in to make it go off without a hitch. From set up, to seating direction and catering duties, it was sweet chaos all the way to the point of the DJ handing me the mic (I had been elected to toast the newlyweds). The bride’s best friend had a page and half typed that she read – it was very special. I had one note card in my pocket. On it was one written word. “KIM” in all caps – the bride’s name. I spoke from the heart, for what seemed too long, but ended with much laughter and standing applause, so I guess I did ok.

I returned to my seat to finish dinner and checked my phone. There were over 60 text messages and as many facebook messages. I cannot express how uplifting that was. I think I responded to all of them – but Thank You again, it made my evening!

I cannot begin to imagine the mood and atmosphere at EOM central Friday and Saturday. It is never easy loosing someone we are connected to. Petey will forever be a part of our lives, memories, and motorcycle gatherings – he will be with us, on the road, waiting at the next turn.

Marty put it best – “Petey is my hero”. Yes, he is and always will be…

Wayne

Group Photo:
20171004153954-ddaf185b-me.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lewisburg sounds good. If I have to deal with I-75 I'm hoping for something in Kentucky so the bourbon can dull my memory of driving through Toledo and Cincinnati.