Everyone else did it!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTSR1/FJR

Gort - Klaatu barada nikto!
Reaction score
Put pics of my Russell Seat on here that is! Unfortunately I was unable to get in on the group buy earlier, but thanks to Uncle Sam's stimulus check, I stimulated Russell and myself! lol It is a big difference I must say! My big ass is liking this! lol Takes some getting used to at stop lights though, but I didn't buy it to sit still with. While riding I can already tell with only 20 mi. on it, that it will be really comfy on those long days. We'll start breaking in the seats this weekend. They're supposed to get even better! :D

P5230001.jpg

P5230004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind my asking, what was the total pricing for that setup? I'm considering stimulating the economy too and don't know if I calculated correctly on their website.

Total for Seats, rain cover, and shipping was $829 (Doesn't include initial shipping costs).

Seat= $700

Spring suspension= $45

Rain Cover= $40

Shipping= $44

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! That looks comfy.
Give me a comparison to a Corbin.
I've never owned a Corbin. I've ridden a few bikes with them and for me they're not even close! I can tell you they are quite a bit heavier. A friend has a Sargent on his FJR that I was considering. It was nice, but I believe the Russell will be a better seat for us. I'll let you know after they are broke in!

Worth every penny. we use the stocker for everything under 75 or so miles but more than

that and the russel gets the nod. we did 500 miles in a day and never even thought about

it. you will love it !!

Ray

Wow, looks great.

You know, I had a Corbin on my GTS1000 (because it was the only seat you could get for that thing) and I had mixed emotions about whether I liked it. Last summer when I bought my FJR, the stock seat was so dreadful I had to get something quick and Ride Now was blowing out those Yamaha/Corbins real cheap so I bought one with the intention of getting a Russell or Meyer over the winter and selling the Corbin. I've never been a big mile-per-day guy, but I did two 500 mile days on that Corbin and I didn't even get fatigued. Now, that was clear across North Dakota where you can haul 85-90 all day, but still. I couldn't imagine what kind of miles I could do on that Lazy-Boy!

And yes, I have a fat ass too and I work damn hard to keep it that way. :)

Have owned 3 Corbin seats back in the 80s and early 90s, and am now on my third Russell -- There is no comparison. If you want an off-the-shelf seat that's good for maybe 100 miles, get a Corbin. If you want a custom seat that is good for all-day rides get the Russell.

Not to derail your thread,but my seat is getting done at Russell today. I hope it's worth the money. It can't be any worse than my wife bitching about her sore ass every time we ride.

Not to derail your thread,but my seat is getting done at Russell today. I hope it's worth the money. It can't be any worse than my wife bitching about her sore ass every time we ride.
Mine loves her seat! I have approx. 300 mi. on mine. It gets a little better with every mile! It's already worth the $$!