Extra throttle body hoses

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biquer

Reaction score
There appears to be an extra hose from each throttle body from 2016 on. they join via 2 T pieces with 1 hose coming off each pair. Can anyone tell me where the 2 hoses go? It seems as if there's 1 hose exiting from each side of the throttle bodies.

Thanks, I'm aware of those. Its the ones at the bottom of the drawing I'm interested in, in the box marked 'FOR CAL'. They are on European models too. They appear to be something to do with emissions? You can see the 2 hoses going onto the jointer numbered 24, there is a hose that goes from the unused part of the jointer on each side of the bike, I'm trying to find out where those hoses go.

Thanks, I'm aware of those. Its the ones at the bottom of the drawing I'm interested in, in the box marked 'FOR CAL'. They are on European models too. They appear to be something to do with emissions? You can see the 2 hoses going onto the jointer numbered 24, there is a hose that goes from the unused part of the jointer on each side of the bike, I'm trying to find out where those hoses go.
I see what you are looking at now. Can't help other than to agree that it is likely for emissions. You might get some clues from the Fiche for Fuel Tank which includes the charcoal canister present in California (and Euro) models but not 49 state bikes.

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/5804e72387a8660e90af0a91/fuel-tank

Many thanks, you are right. So the reality is that these can be treated as vents.

Those two connected hoses coming from throttle bodies #3 and #4 go to the charcoal canister, left hand side. The return line from the canister go back to the fuel tank on the left side as a vapor recovery. These extra hoses are only on California bikes. Most people plug the hoses down at the canister tp prevent a hard start issue.