Extra wire on new abs wire harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimasejohn

Reaction score
I am having charging voltage issues. I found the factory spliced wires in the ABS harness were redone and not good I bought a harness off eBay But it has s extra wire ? Anyone know what this could be for ?

Attachments

• IMG_1915.jpeg
    IMG_1915.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I am having charging voltage issues. I found the factory spliced wires in the ABS harness were redone and not good I bought a harness off eBay But it has s extra wire ? Anyone know what this could be for ?
Saying your year and model might help, also whereabouts in the loom that connector is coming from.

Brown with black tracer is used in several places in the loom, for instance the Gen 2 auxiliary socket in the glovebox, the heated grip circuit, feed to the cooling fan motors, rear brake light switch ...

If yours is a different model, Yamaha tend to keep the same colours for the same circuits.

I apologize. 07 fjr 1300 not automatic. I replaced the wire harness for the abs unit It has this extra wire that the original harness did not. Bike runs fine everything works without it connected Just curious what it is