• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F/S Gen II shock, mirrors, and emblems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incoherent

Reaction score
A low mileage gen II shock that I bought off this forum and never did anything with. L&R stock 2007 black cherry mirrors. Some scrapes, but nothing broken. Glass is good and scratch free. A pair of emblems that go in the rubber rub strip on the saddlebags. These are new in the package. $80 shipped in the lower 48 for all of this or pick-up on the westside of Indy. email me at [email protected] for quickest responce.

manual014.jpg

manual015.jpg
manual016.jpg
manual017.jpg

A low mileage gen II shock that I bought off this forum and never did anything with. L&R stock 2007 black cherry mirrors. Some scrapes, but nothing broken. Glass is good and scratch free. A pair of emblems that go in the rubber rub strip on the saddlebags. These are new in the package. $80 shipped in the lower 48 for all of this or pick-up on the westside of Indy. email me at [email protected] for quickest responce.
Email sent...

Email sent...
Items have been spoken for. SPF.

Email sent...
On June 1st, I sent $80 (PayPal instant payment). That was after you replied to my email by stating:
-----

"They are yours. You can paypal to [email protected]

I'll get them boxed up and ready to head your way.

-----

As of June 5th, I'm still awaiting direct confirmation of payment received or shipping details.

Yesterday, my follow-up email to you ([email protected]) has so far gone unanswered. What's up? Gone riding?

Email sent...
On June 1st, I sent $80 (PayPal instant payment). That was after you replied to my email by stating:
-----

-----

As of June 5th, I'm still awaiting direct confirmation of payment received or shipping details.

Yesterday, my follow-up email to you ([email protected]) has so far gone unanswered. What's up? Gone riding?
Been riding quite a bit and did let you know that the items have shipped. They should be in your hands the first of the week, according to the usps lady, which I also stated in my reply. It takes a day or two for items to make their way from Indy to WA. Since shipping was on my dime it didn't go priority (shipping was $20 as it was. priority would have been over $40). Sorry I don't have a tracking number to forward to you, I hope a copy of the receipt will suffice.

fjr.jpg

I kinda take exception to the insinuation that I'm trying to screw you. I've done lots of buying and selling on forums with never a bad word either way. I generally give a person more than 24 hours before I start making accusations. The best bet would have been to email me directly, instead on PM'ing me as I don't visit this site often, for a quicker responce (this is also stated im my original post and how you contacted me to begin with).

Man, it takes all kinds!

Last edited by a moderator:
Email sent...
-----

-----

Been riding quite a bit and did let you know that the items have shipped. They should be in your hands the first of the week, according to the usps lady, which I also stated in my reply. It takes a day or two for items to make their way from Indy to WA. Since shipping was on my dime it didn't go priority (shipping was $20 as it was. priority would have been over $40). Sorry I don't have a tracking number to forward to you, I hope a copy of the receipt will suffice.

fjr.jpg

I kinda take exception to the insinuation that I'm trying to screw you. I've done lots of buying and selling on forums with never a bad word either way. I generally give a person more than 24 hours before I start making accusations. The best bet would have been to email me directly, instead on PM'ing me as I don't visit this site often, for a quicker responce (this is also stated im my original post and how you contacted me to begin with).

Man, it takes all kinds!
Let’s be completely honest here. The truth is that from June 1st, when I made payment, I didn't receive any specific response to my payment from you. And never did I receive a report that items shipped. During our initial dialog on June 1st, your made the reply "Items have been spoken for. SPF.". Is that what you are referring to? To be fair, that was rather vague, it could have been taken either way. I was left guessing if my payment actually arrived...and if it did perhaps after someone else's??? Finally, today (June 7) you wrote, “Been riding quite a bit and did let you know that the items have shipped". Sorry, the “let you know” part is a false statement. When and where did you provide that info? Again I received nothing from you. And 3 days later I had to ask about shipping even though I had no specific confirmation that payment was actually received by you in the 1st place.
My EMAIL on June 4th (4:33 PM PST) that simply read, "Did the parts ship yet?" went unanswered and remains unanswered to date (June 7th). And I waited until the 6th to post what I did here.

My attempts at getting some kind of answer from you went days beyond your standard of "24 hours". I also give the benefit of the doubt, but a red flag went up when over 5 days elapsed with zero communication. That's why I posted, "(are you) gone riding". How is that an "accusation" or "insinuation"?, I meant it as giving the benefit of doubt. Now, it seems you want to cover you tracks and deflect responsibility, so I'll persist with further details to reveal the truth. Yesterday I did notice you were online earlier and then later [here's a copy/past..."Last Active: Jun 06 2012 06:04 PM"] on this forum but still failed to answer my PM, let alone answer my email. Why not answer me then? Like state, parts were shipped. Don't tell me you didn't notic my PM and my EMAIL on the 4th. I was left guessing until now...6 days after payment.

It's ironic that you say I should have used EMAIL for direct communication, b/c I most certainly did. I followed your stated direction to send EMAIL but my attempt was obviously in vain since it went unanswered. The point is; I gave you an abundance of time, and followed your direction but you didn't follow thru by communicating vital info. Hello?...it's like talking to a wall ;) Do you get my point? I hope so. Maybe next time you become unavailable during a purchase, inform the buyer. Inform the buyer either directly with email (PayPal payments provide email addresses of purchasers) or with a PM, that you received funds but will be unavailable to communicate for a certain period of time. Some form of communication that is clear and direct. That would have preempted all this fuss, something we both would have preferred, right?

Like you, I also do lots of buying/selling and draw from those experiences. but I've also seen where a seller posted an item and more than one buyer sent him money via PayPal...and it turned out to be a raw deal. Guess what, the seller failed to communicate after payment and nothing was resolved. Like you, he was also a new member, so yes the thought occurred to me that it was another fly by night. But to be fair, in this case I didn't draw that distinction with an accusation. I simply stated the facts with this issue that had lingered way beyond expectation.

Anyway, no hard feelings. I look forward to receiving the parts. Let's move on and ride! :) BTW, I used to live up (North) near Peru & Kokomo, IN. but I didn't have a bike back then. I suppose the best roads are down south in the hills! We have hills/mountains here, but finding dry roads is the trick. Happy & safe riding!