• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

F/S Set of wheels for 2004-2007 ABS FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incoherent

Reaction score
The wheels are off a 2010 that had 7500 miles on it. The tires were still holding air, no leaks, when removed. Only one side of the lipedge is bent on each wheel. The rear wheel has all the bearing and seals in place and usable as is. The front could stand to be straightened some, but is usable as is. It does need bearing and seal on the speed sensor side. Neither rim has any cracks or rash! $320 shipped for the pair in the lower 48. or pick them up in person on the westside of Indy. email [email protected] for quickest responce.

manual010.jpg
manual008.jpg

manual007.jpg

manual011.jpg
manual012.jpg

manual013.jpg

From what I can see, the magnetic ABS ring is NOT included?
They are on both rims.
Ok, something is wrong here. In 2008 Yamaha changed the ABS on the FJR and the abs rings on the wheels changed from the 'geared' design you are showing in your photos to a magnetic ring. Pre-2008 wheels and 2008+ wheels are incompatible if you want ABS operation.

From the photos you show, these wheels have to be from 2007 or earlier FJR. How did they come off a 2010?

Edit: Here is what the 2008+ wheels look like: Clicky.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I can see, the magnetic ABS ring is NOT included?
They are on both rims.
Ok, something is wrong here. In 2008 Yamaha changed the ABS on the FJR and the abs rings on the wheels changed from the 'geared' design you are showing in your photos to a magnetic ring. Pre-2008 wheels and 2008+ wheels are incompatible if you want ABS operation.

From the photos you show, these wheels have to be from 2007 or earlier FJR. How did they come off a 2010?

Edit: Here is what the 2008+ wheels look like: Clicky.

I guess the info I got was incorrect. I was told they came of a silver '10 or '11, but that apparently isn't the case. They probably came off of a silver '07 AE. Thanks for catching that as I didn't know they changed the speed sensor. So I guess these rims will fit '06 and '07 FJR.

I have no idea if they are compatable with gen 1 ABS bikes.

Yes, they are compatible with Gen I abs bikes. So they will fit 04-07 abs FJRs.

I'll edit the title of your post.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Good catch.

Bent rims from a third-party source and not sure about what year they are? I'm going to steer very clear of this purchase..... <_<

Good catch.

Bent rims from a third-party source and not sure about what year they are? I'm going to steer very clear of this purchase..... <_<
Thanks for the edit.

I got them from the guy that removed them. He said they came off of a silver gen 2 FJR. I assumed that it was an '10/'11 (my mistake) and completely forgot about the '07 AE being silver. I wasn't even aware they had changed the speed sensor.

Now all that being said, when I got the rims and tires, the tires were still holding the correct amount of air and were dunked into water to demonstrate that there were no leaks/cracks in the rims and the tires were still seated. Tires went on another bike and I sold my FJR before I did anything with them. I forgot I even had them until I cleaned out under the workbench.

I was just offering someone here a deal before I list them on ebay.

Sure no worries on listing them but your description didn't say "likely off a 2010", "received from unknown source", or anything like that. I think the assumption unless stated otherwise is that they were yours (ie, "selling for XXXX", "picked them up from some random guy").

Saying that they are from a 2010 with 7500 miles definitely implies you know the history, turns out it was a guess.