Face Time?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexCom

Reaction score
Ok, this might be obvious to the pilots out there, but as the FNG I'm wondering how often the NW FJR riders circle the wagons and say hi? Every pick a nice day and meet up at Akli or something? Saw some talk about a farkle fest, converging on someone's house to do some mass installing...that's pretty interesting. But agian, as the FNG I'm hope I'm not kicking in the door asking stoopid questions. Wouldn't be the first time though :p

Someone I am sure is always riding, great guys. Just follow the PNW sub-forum. Many of us are going to the Canada Rally. Next week I am planning the 1st of the Dam tour Dam's for myself. The roads are finally pretty good.

Ever pick a nice day and meet up at Akli or something?
I think you want the PNWRiders Forum :derisive:

Most folks here usually get together for decent ride ~100+ miles. Me, while I like seeing the gang, I'd rather we'd be riding, especially given our typical 5 week summer.

Plus, if I wanted to make short trips to the bar to meet up and drink, I'd've bought a Harley.

Ever pick a nice day and meet up at Akli or something?
I think you want the PNWRiders Forum :derisive:

Most folks here usually get together for decent ride ~100+ miles. Me, while I like seeing the gang, I'd rather we'd be riding, especially given our typical 5 week summer.

Plus, if I wanted to make short trips to the bar to meet up and drink, I'd've bought a Harley.
+1 on buying the Hardley Ableson :yahoo: :yahoo:

As Iggy said there is a tech meet coming up. Details are being worked out. As soon as they are, we'll post up. There willl be another tech meet this fall sometime. And traditionally there are a couple of rides one is the Volcano Run, usually sometime in June or July and then a Packwood meet early in September. Kepp an eye out for the PNW section for announcements.

Also, WFO is end of July in Moscow, ID. I think there is slots left. There will be people form all over the US and Canada there.

Welcome, Texcom.

Sometimes, you gotta ignore some of the old fuddy duddies.

Alki is a great place to meet... lots of stuff happening, places to eat, watch thong bikinis, etc.

Usually, there is a group ride arranged by someone going to somewhere ... sometimes it's 1-3 people, sometimes 10+. We generally stop someplace to eat and shoot the breeze. Keep on eye on this sub-forum.

There are also a lot of other PNW groups that get together to ride and/or meet. PNWRiders.com and sport-touring.net are two of the biggest. There is a new riding club sponsored by Adventure Motorsports of Monroe that just formed up. Call the store and ask for Austin or Merrick for info. There are Bike Nights all over the place.... at Fuel in Seattle, Smarty Pants in Georgetown, the Backfire in Ballard, Cedarwood in the southend, etc.

Here's a major ride coming up: Tulips

I can pretty much ride anytime. Give me a shout if you want to do some twisties or to just ride to around.

And traditionally there are a couple of rides one is the Volcano Run, usually sometime in June or July and then a Packwood meet early in September. Keep an eye out for the PNW section for announcements.
I wouldn't plan on the Volcano Run this year. The road to Windy Ridge is still closed and it doesn't look like it will be open anytime soon. I'm hoping that Ken will come up with another "Call" and organize an alternative ride this June.

As far as attending a local Seattle meet up, I would suggest checking out the monthly event "Backfire" at the Bit Saloon in Ballard. This year's opener is April 15th at 6:00PM. There should be a few FJRs there.

Also I have agree with Stephen "Sometimes, you gotta ignore some of the old fuddy duddies."

Welcome, Texcom.
Sometimes, you gotta ignore some of the old fuddy duddies.

Alki is a great place to meet... lots of stuff happening, places to eat, watch thong bikinis, etc.

Usually, there is a group ride arranged by someone going to somewhere ... sometimes it's 1-3 people, sometimes 10+. We generally stop someplace to eat and shoot the breeze. Keep on eye on this sub-forum.

There are also a lot of other PNW groups that get together to ride and/or meet. PNWRiders.com and sport-touring.net are two of the biggest. There is a new riding club sponsored by Adventure Motorsports of Monroe that just formed up. Call the store and ask for Austin or Merrick for info. There are Bike Nights all over the place.... at Fuel in Seattle, Smarty Pants in Georgetown, the Backfire in Ballard, Cedarwood in the southend, etc.

Here's a major ride coming up: Tulips

I can pretty much ride anytime. Give me a shout if you want to do some twisties or to just ride to around.

Stephen -

I think I will do it this year, I missed last years Tulip Ride. Last time I was at Adventure there were talking about a club, is it formalized?

Bob

Poor Barbrus, no one looks quite as "well as bad as me"!

Poor Dave and George had to miss the ride and fix the newbe's flat.

...and remind me again how many bikes had to picked up within the first three blocks. No thanks for the carnage ride.

--G

Poor Barbrus, no one looks quite as "well as bad as me"! Poor Dave and George had to miss the ride and fix the newbe's flat.
I thought you called your wife to bring your truck to take you home? Hmmmm.... now the picture starts to come in focus.

I did but Dave and George weren't having any part of it, they stayed with me got me up and going for the day.

We then went out and rode the foot hills, then George had us to his place and made us lunch. Great buch we have here, as that was only the secound time I had met either of them.

I heard it took you guys a couple of hours to get fed up in LaConner!