Factory frame sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJAMT

Reaction score
Since I had trouble finding pictures of the factory frame sliders on a Gen III, I thought I'd post a few pics now that I have mine installed. They don't provide the same level of protection as Canyon Cages but I personally can't stand the massive look of those (just my taste). These blend in pretty well with the bike and look like they will definitely protect the front bodywork. The rear panniers may be protected but it looks really close and I'm far too chicken to test it out on purpose!

FJR002_zpsc63e3791.jpg

FJR001_zps7031b92d.jpg

In case you're wondering, that's also the factory touring windshield not quite fully up. I'm 6' tall, 32" inseam and 175#. It is working really well for me so far. Totally quiet and calm during my morning commute and afternoon longer "fun run" home. It was 27F this morning so I appreciated the lack of wind.

They look nice. Those do a pretty good job of just blending in to the lines of the bike. The high price turned me off of them but in hindsight...

I now have a set of T-Rex frame sliders with the FJR logo and I am fairly happy with the look and size of them. I was unsure of the Canyon Cages because they seemed to be in the way of the oil filler cap. After hating the oil change on my ST1300 I did not want to complicate the oil change procedure of the FJR in any way.

They look nice. Those do a pretty good job of just blending in to the lines of the bike. The high price turned me off of them but in hindsight...
I now have a set of T-Rex frame sliders with the FJR logo and I am fairly happy with the look and size of them. I was unsure of the Canyon Cages because they seemed to be in the way of the oil filler cap. After hating the oil change on my ST1300 I did not want to complicate the oil change procedure of the FJR in any way.
Yeah they aren't cheap but I got the sliders and windshield discounted and rolled into the bike price so it wasn't quite as bad. Not sure if I would have paid the full price for them. Well maybe.....

Good luck...
Uh-oh. Something to share with the class? Maybe something I should have known but it's too late now?
No...not to late, you have some protection should the bike fall over. I have Motovation frame sliders on my 06, they are better than having nothing, but the mirrors and bags will make contact with the ground, in the event of a drop, DAMHIK. If/when I get a new bike, I will get the canyon cages.

I have the OEM sliders up front and Canyon Cage bag protectors on the rear and have already managed to try them out…….no damage except to the finish on the bag protector.

I really like the frontal shot and the way they blend with bike. That's the first time I've seen them on a bike other than lame pic on yamaha acc. site. Agree they are pricey but I may give them a another look. After all, I do get discount pricing.

Thank you much for the pics mcatrophy and mnfjr. That really helps clarify how the factory sliders look. Too bad yamaha doesn't have better pics on their site. Your bikes look great.