Fall PNW Tech Meet #13 - October 11th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even a year from now, I'll be working <mandatory> OT.
Easy!

R-E-T-I-R-E-M-E-N-T

You're welcome.
tonguesmiley.gif

--G

I'm in Tacoma and would like to at least stop by and meet a few folks. I picked up a 2006 this past July. It had only 12000 miles, up to about 14k now with nice trips around Hood Canal and Mt Rainier. I have been working on the bike and adding good stuff. So far: Pilot Roads, Cortech tank bag, Shad top case, Piaa Sport horns, MV Enterprises engine and case guards, Speedbleeders, Cee Bailey headlight guard and changed shaft drive oil and flushed the brakes. Next would be cruise control and suspension upgrade.

See you Saturday.

Rob

Time for the Fall gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 11th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.
Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pizza, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

JamesW

MCRIDER007

Ignacio

Seattle Ty

henwil

blufjr

Fontanaman

gbrmksmith

audiowize

wistrick

mikaljames

redneckj

seong

Johnny B

irish phil

juniorFJR

Bobby blue

sapest

roadtrip

lowandsilent

squeal

Oso

List is updated

See you all tomorrow!

Can't wait to see everyone again tomorrow, thanks again Bryan and Marisa for hosting this awesome event again!

Thank you Bryan and Marisa for terrific tech meeting. It was an absolute pleasure meeting new friends and seeing existing friends again. I had blast and hope to see everyone again soon. Thanks again Bryan and Marisa!

I want to add my thx to Brian & Marisa for being such excellent hosts. Much appreciated. Learned a bunch and put faces to names.

Cycra users - what model handsheilds did you install?

Thx again for a great event

- Steve

Great turnout, good to see new faces and old one,. Thanks to Bryan And Marisa for hosting another great event.

Truffles and Theo had a great time with Charlie.
punk.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to add my thx to Brian & Marisa for being such excellent hosts. Much appreciated. Learned a bunch and put faces to names. Cycra users - what model handsheilds did you install? Thx again for a great event - Steve
Great meeting you Steve, glad you made the trip down!

Niehart and I have these Cycra [less decals] hand shields. Mount easily, work really well and for winter, keep the watershed handlebar muffs off the levers.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a great tech day, I'm certainly looking forward to the next one! Thank you so much Brian and Marisa.

Good to see all that were able to make it.

I will be curious to see how the Hyerpro springs work on the one set of forks. Those things looked like my dirt bike springs. The oil for them is 15 weight kind the opposite of what all I have learned over the years for going to lighter oils to get more consistency from cold to warm.

Saw some people I haven't seen in a while. This was the tech meet for forks.

Iggy, that 2104 ES sure is sharp, glad you are not adding any yellow to it
smile.png
. Will be glad to see how it holds up to the riggers you will put it through in the coming year. I am interested in following the Garmin 590 you have and the ultimate set up you end up with for it. The 550 is getting long in the tooth and will need to be replaced sometime in the near future.

How much goddamn fun, camaraderie, helpfulness, food, drink and general FJR revelry is a person 'sposed to take around here ?!!! ....the only excess was biological methane warfare being played out by those with shiny(er) bald spots....but even this was tenable...all ya had to do was one stroll up mt. assclench and i guarantee that green shit 'll take 5 minutes to roll on down....i can best sum up my welcome to the Great Pacific NorthWest with MCRider007's three word introduction.....Your Still Alive ?

Thank Y'all so much Brian and Marisa....cant wait 'till spring !!! This is the tightest , coolest, most righteous group of riders i've ever met......and they ALL speak english !!! ODALAY !!!

Bobby

....i can best sum up my welcome to the Great Pacific NorthWest with MCRider007's three word introduction.....Your Still Alive ?
Anyone who has been on the Forum for a while and followed Bobby's posts over the years would understand my comment....and there was a long period of time when he wasn't posting that I thought his many heart attacks and surgeries had finally caught up with him, but he certainly was very alive last Saturday and it was fun talking to him....and I hope he takes me up on the offer to visit my home some day.

Once again I would like to Thank Bryan for being such an awesome host, and the many individuals that helped me change/balance my tires and the amazing support I received regarding my fork service. ~by the way, I really like those progressive springs. my bike use to dive into corners and when braking. It now responds like a new motorcycle. I can really tell that I have a new shock now that I don't MUSH out up front. (I put in a Yamaha 2014 stock shock in my 2010)

~you guys rock. (with real rocks.!!)
punk.gif