Farkle up...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRocha

Reaction score
Say you just found about $1500.00 at your disposal to spend on farkling as you desire...

What would you spend it on?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was me..........

I would give it all to SkooterG to permanently up my karma quotient!

[SIZE=7pt]Psst - don't tell him I told you though.[/SIZE]

Believe it or not, this is a serious answer. Something I'm not particularly known for, but since your question is simple and straightforward, I thought your thread deserved an honest response.

$599.00 -- Corbin Smuggler

$600.00 -- Givi V46 topcase /w all the goodies

$250.00 -- Set of Avons from FJRGoodies.com

$1,449 Total

Now, I'm estimating the Givi costs, but I think I'm fairly close. Now, I've got $50 bucks left, so it's gonna be my gas money for a quick blast to Key West for a sunset Margherita at Mallory Square.

Oh, I'm gonna cheat, and dig into my pocket for a couple hundred more for a set of HIDs replacements for the stock headlights. :)

I'll hit the road as soon as I install the Audiovox I bought from Skyway.

Say you just found about $1500.00 at your disposal to spend on farkling as you desire...
What would you spend it on?
According to Drivers Log, I have purchased the following things (so far) for my FJR1300AE coming in May:

1) Autocomm system

2) New Scorpion helmet

I am sure the list will increase as compatibility with all farkles is confirmed / updated in the coming weeks!

Best Regards,

Shane

www.StumpWare.com

Garmin 2730 GPS $865.00

Starcom Advance and Cables $377.00

Etymotic ER-6 from eBay $95.00

...leaving $163.00 towards Skooter's bail in Reno in July.

Ignacio,

forget the Etymotics. For about 50 bucks more, go to an audiologist and get a set of impressions made, then send them to Bob Weis at the Earplug Company for a set of challenger earplugs. Pretty decent sound and amazing "cut-off" from outside noise whether or not you have music pumping.

Indispensible.

GZ

Ignacio,
forget the Etymotics. For about 50 bucks more, go to an audiologist and get a set of impressions made, then send them to Bob Weis at the Earplug Company for a set of challenger earplugs. Pretty decent sound and amazing "cut-off" from outside noise whether or not you have music pumping.

Indispensible.

GZ
Hey. Do try and keep up. This has been covered ad naseum.

What works for your ugly-assed ears does not work for mine. Custom molded jobbies did not work for me despite several attempts. Others have reported the same, though, others such as yourself swear by them.

Etymotic ER-6s work great for many, including myself, though probably not for everybody.

Have you even tried them, lighthouseboy?

Here is the problem.... and this is serious :huh:

I did come into possesion of this extra cash, however, my wife knows about it and if I don't hurry up, there is this dinette set she is eyeing... Soooo I got to find farkles for my bike quickly before the dinette set wins the battle. :eek:

To make things more complicated, I already have the following farklers installed:

- Yamaha Top box

- MB horns

- Radiator grill

- Handle bar risers (in the mail)

- MOKO Slider (in the mail)

- Spanking new set of tires (to be installed this weekend)

- CB +4+4 windshield

- Audiobox Electronic cruise control

- Autocom Active 7.

- 12V outlet.

Now, I am not into LD riding, so a fuel cell is not on my radar. Most of my riding is during the day so HID lights are not really needed.

I would probably appreciate a better saddle, but otherwise I am running out of ideas...

That dinette is starting to look kinda cute... Oh my... I am loosing the battle...

... --- ...

Well Frank, this is kind of a tough one. It all depends on the type of riding you do and personal choice.

Based on what you have, and what you hav said, here's some options.

Power Commander

Custom Saddle (NOT Corbin - Baaad RadioHowie!)

Skyway's CC mount

Gear - Are you all set up with good jacket/pants/gloves/helmet?

Radar Detector (Uhh - I seem to remember a little roadside interview you participated in Once Upon a Time)

Any type of Audio system with all associated bling (MP3, Xm Radio)

GPS

Tank Bag

I would probably appreciate a better saddle, but otherwise I am running out of ideas...
I have found that Aerostitch (or similar riding suits) is a very easy way to get rid of unwanted cash.

Hmm...

I'm thinking suspension upgrades. Huge bang for the buck.

Something I've wanted for awhile is a tire pressure monitoring system.

Other stuff:

Gear indicator

Some better riding gear if you aren't already well protected

Track Day

Experienced Rider Course

Voltmeter

Tank Bag and tailbag

Wild Bill Highway pegs

Uni Air filter

New Tools/bike stand/TB sync tool

Heated gear if needed

Helmet lock

Heavy bar ends

Handguards

SS brake lines and HH+ front pads

Yep, that way cool billet audivox CC holder looks baaaad!!!

Some safety stuff (signal minder, Hyperlights)

Calvin pissing on a BMW sticker

New Grips

Entry fee and hotel for regional FJR meet

Superbrace

Paint the bike your favorite color.

Well said Yamaholic.

I totally forgot about the suspension upgrades. Money well spent.

And your idea about a riding school - outstanding. Yo Frank, lets take the Lee Parks Total Control class next time it comes to Phoenix.

But of course, the best on that list was the Calvin pissing on a BMW sticker. EVERYBODY needs one of those. ;)

hdr6.jpg

new_hm1.jpg

Well said Yamaholic.
I totally forgot about the suspension upgrades.  Money well spent.

And your idea about a riding school - outstanding.  Yo Frank, lets take the Lee Parks Total Control class next time it comes to Phoenix.

But of course, the best on that list was the Calvin pissing on a BMW sticker.  EVERYBODY needs one of those. ;)
Holy crap!!! Lee Parks class is this Saturday in Gibert!!! I guess we missed that boat, :(

Already done. Ordered them just before you came up and received them yesterday. They work great......I'd say VERY close to my pink foam units on blocking out sound. Gonna try them for a while.

Oh, and I got a Starcom already too.

And about to pull the ripcord on a 2730.