Farkling Me Feejer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't tell from the pictures. Got sliders???
Just got them in today and I'll put them on this weekend.

I got the kind you have to cut holes in the faring with, but they didn't come with any damn instructions, but I think I got it figured out ... I think.

Grounding to the frame has caused some problems with audio.
I found what the problem is, the power on the GPS and the headphone amp have different ground references and compete to set the ground voltage. I'm going to have to get some audio teransformers to break the ground reference at the headphone amp input.

How are you going to secure all that equipment if you leave you bike in a hotel car park overnight?
Good question. I have to remove the three bolts holding the dash on the bike and unplug the connector. It comes of the bike in one big wad, like in this pic.

384132139_XByHN-L.jpg

About a five minute job. A PITA, but I guess you gotta pay some price for the luxury on the road.

The BIG problem was trying to hook up the cellphone. I've got to construct a wire with four connectors on it: Headphone/helmet mike; cellphone connector; headphone amp out; and phone audio into the mixer. At this point I've abandon it and I'll just have to answer calls at the gas stops --- fine with me, prolly safer anyway.

I'll probably re-attempt it over the winter, just too much of a pain in the neck right now.

The cool thing is that I've had a chance to ride around listening to music a little bit yesterday and today. Funny, it seems to make me drive a little more slowly and relaxed.

It feels like it's because my attention is being drawn to the music as opposed to the monster between my legs, I'm less apt to sing a tune with the throttle.

Anyway, it feels pretty good. Doesn't seem like it appreciably detracts from my riding attention---after all, I've been driving to music and radio for my entire life. Fells pretty normal in one way, but weird in another, in that I've never listened to music while riding before. Kinda both novel and familiar at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Garmin XM antenna is enormous...I looked at Garmin's site and it's the only option. Does anyone have a source for a more stealth sized antenna. I feel the urge to slap it and yell "NO WHAMMIES!!" Sheesh.

That Garmin XM antenna is enormous...I looked at Garmin's site and it's the only option. Does anyone have a source for a more stealth sized antenna. I feel the urge to slap it and yell "NO WHAMMIES!!" Sheesh.

That "antenna" is more than just an antenna...it houses the actual device to make your XM work..the Zumo is just the front end (monitor and controls), Sorry dude, you want XM on the Zumo and you gotta go with the big deal.

On those sliders, each side should be identical other than the size of the spacer ring. It will become obvious which side is which. Supposedly there's a sequence which you should do first, and supposedly don't remove both mount bolts at the same time. (Pssst. I've done it, though, because to get the fairings off to work on the bike you have to take the sliders off.)

As for the monster between your legs, that's just disgusting. Definitely TMI. :p

On those sliders, each side should be identical other than the size of the spacer ring. It will become obvious which side is which. Supposedly there's a sequence which you should do first, and supposedly don't remove both mount bolts at the same time. (Pssst. I've done it, though, because to get the fairings off to work on the bike you have to take the sliders off.)
As for the monster between your legs, that's just disgusting. Definitely TMI. :p

I know on the GEN II. You do the left side first or at least torque down the left side first. If I recall correctly. At least I didn't have to cut my fairing to install.

Look, I don't know shit about sport bikes. Never ridden one. But WOW!Seemingly endless horse power and torque; rock solid high speed stability; low center of gravity;

and wonderfully progressive and controllable handling response.

Fuck, a modern motorcycle is an amazing low-flight tool.
You know, probably my most favorite feeling on the feejer is to put her in 3rd, and take her to about 4k, and just nail the throttle - its likes a friggin rocketship! And if that don't put a smile on your face, nothing will...

3 top farkles penske shock 3by 2 cee baileys , and risers . I waited 3 years for the shock and it makes a world of difference .If i know now about the shock i would of dumped the original right after i purchased the bike

Heated gear connections?

HID's?

Additional ass end don't run me over lights?

GP Suspension (3-way shock and GPS fork revalve)

Trick new mirrors?

Trick new levers?

Trick new shift arm for truly faaaaast shifts?

Trick new custom seat?

90 degree angle valve stems?

Oh, and a shameless plug for our bud, sportbikeeffects.com!

... then again, just ride!

Welcome -

Did you get a good deal on the bike and I hate to tell you this but I bet you are going to think of more things you want when you return. Be careful not to post where you live and when you are leaving? Just sayn. Link