Finally Got My Shark

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
Got the Evoline 3 Series in Moovit :yahoo:

(Several of my riding buds have already called me Tron) I knew it would happen but hey, it's all good. Whatever I can do to help myself be seen out there....

Here's a few photos and something to think about: when it's in the open face mode, the chin bar being completely behind the helmet doesn't act like sail trying to throw your head back. It also balances out the helmet nicely being back there.

Here it is in full face mode with the built-in glasses down and the visor down as well.

photo-4.jpg

Here it is in open face mode with the sunscreen down.

photo-5.jpg

And here is it from the back with the chin bar in position.

photo-2-1.jpg

So far I love it!! After I get a few hundred miles in it I'll post more impressions.

Cheers,

b

Looks better than the images suggest on Revzilla. It looks like venting has improved some. No Pinlock for this, but I'm not sure it needs it given the joint at the bottom of the shield with the chin bar down. The Evolines have always been a bit on the heavy side, but owners like you cite good balance. Definitely worth considering. I'll look forward to a more complete review, especially fogging as the weather gets colder.

Have the Evoline2 and you will be very happy with this helmet. It's my 1st helmet and I thought it was loud with the windshield down. Talking to some buds they said geta Shoei(another fine helmet) So I bought a used RF1000 and tested both with windshield down at highway speed. The Shoei is some what quieter(not much) but the thing that really surprised me was how much more aerodynamic the Shark is. With head pointing straight on both are great, but turning my head to the sides it felt like the wind wanted to rip my head off in the Shoei where as the air just seemed to flow around the Shark with very little drag. Great helmet. Do buy some spare lenses. I use the light smoke day/nite. Enjoy your helmet!

p.s. if you buy the Sharkbite bluetooth(works great)let me know. I had to cut out some styrofoam to get the speakers right for me but it's a pretty easy install

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a Evoline ST2 from Revzilla; How is ST3 different from ST2. Anyone have feedback/comments on this?

I just ordered a Evoline ST2 from Revzilla; How is ST3 different from ST2. Anyone have feedback/comments on this?
I think the only difference is it's 200 grams lighter and the opening mechanism is supposedly slightly improved.

I rode home yesterday and the outside temp got up to 109 on the way :blink:

So of course I rode home in open face mode and was thankful. Although when its gets that hot there's not much you can do. And I'm and ATGATT guy so of course I had my jacket on too :eek:mg2:

So far I really like it - only negative comment is that I wish the sun screen was a tad darker. I think most guys with helmets that have the built in sun screens wish they were darker.