Finally scratched the itch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coolest part of this story has to be the wife approval process. I was expecting "rough seas". Nope. Most people who have ridden with me know my wife is pretty cool, but she has exceeded all expectations. I have never been on the proverbial "short leash", but she hasn't even said a word about boat farkling. Maybe the motorcycle farkling was good training:)

Barry, Barry, Barry, You Have swallowed very expensive koolaid. I worked in that world for a number of years. The sign in our store at the boat yard read. " Boating, no known cure give generously" Enjoy the trip. Some of the best cruising is north to the Canadian gulf islands.

I have Boat Envy. Enjoy your toy.

My last boat was
CG-22.image.1014917.jpg
but alas I was only the "First Mate"

Last edited by a moderator:
Barry, Barry, Barry, You Have swallowed very expensive koolaid. I worked in that world for a number of years. The sign in our store at the boat yard read. " Boating, no known cure give generously" Enjoy the trip. Some of the best cruising is north to the Canadian gulf islands.
Truth. However, I am not trying to be the richest guy in the graveyard:) I think I have solved that potential issue for now. Besides- cannot let Dave Green have ALL the toys.

Hello Barry, glad you found something to enjoy! The Puget Sound & San Juan's are great boating with lots to see. Use to spend a lot of time crewing this time of year on a friends Valiant 40 then a 39 Pearson, some great times.

Like Bryan said come visit at Tech day next summer.
+1
Just damn it, now I have to be nice to Barry again.
not_i.gif
punk.gif
“Again”??? That implies there was a previous niceness.
12191431_10153737366909628_8001021520359685630_n.jpg

Great to hear from you Barry and thanks for the "life" update.

Congrats on the boat...as the saying goes, go big or go home my friend!
rolleyes.gif

--G

Wow! We've never spoke, but nice boat!

That's a little out of my budget, but I'd gladly settle for a small place near a lake and something more in line with "Dad's Turn."

You know there's an old saying about the two happiest days in a boat owner's life: The day they buy the boat, and the day they sell it
smile.png

My only boat right now is a Hyde Drift boat and I'll never sell it (similar to this:)
385d8fc9d30c463083fb07c3489c124b.jpg

Dayum. Max out the Visa card at the fuel pumps!

Bet you have lots more fun than those of us that were 'professional crew' on one of these:

57ed2730-40da-11e7-bbce-019d87ca029c-780x415.jpg

Watch out for them. I can neither confirm nor deny their presence in Puget Sound.

I was almost part of Rickover's crew too. Luckily escaped. BTW Fission was not an engine option on this particular boat:)

I was almost part of Rickover's crew too. Luckily escaped. BTW Fission was not an engine option on this particular boat:)
I didn't escape Rickover's crew and volunteered for submarines - USS Florida SSBN 728(G) for 5 years.

Brian has one of the best Navy stories. Will not spoil it but when you see him and if interested then you should ask.

Friends with boats are the best kind! Remember my friend John? Also has a 45 footer!

Whens the christening party? You didnt pop out of nowhere just to gloat! I can keep an eye on Pops if you promise to show up wearing an eyepatch, smoking a pipe, and wearing a captains hat!

George, I cant think of a worse idea than Hudson and Sportsguy trying to help Barry farkle his new hoopty. Yacht would be sunk before we left port.

A three hour tour. A three hour tour....

Ohh...ohh! Let the naming contest begin!

BARRY Manenough

Smoke on da Water

Jeans Machine

Barrys Ferry

Water We Waiting For

Loose Change

Latest posts