First ride on my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H-Town FJR - It's great to hear that you are doing better!
I took my bike to the shop this morning to have a new tire put on the front. I chose the Michelin PR2 120/70 ZR17 as it has outstanding reviews from FJR owners. Love this bike, ordered my handlebar risers today.

I am very pleased to say the least!
+ 1 on the Pilot Road 2. Had one put on the front last month and love it. The FJR corners so much better now than with the Dunlop RoadSmart that was on it. Good choice.

H-Town FJR - It's great to hear that you are doing better!
I took my bike to the shop this morning to have a new tire put on the front. I chose the Michelin PR2 120/70 ZR17 as it has outstanding reviews from FJR owners. Love this bike, ordered my handlebar risers today.

I am very pleased to say the least!
+ 1 on the Pilot Road 2. Had one put on the front last month and love it. The FJR corners so much better now than with the Dunlop RoadSmart that was on it. Good choice.

I just had the PR2 Michelin put on the front of my bike and it did make a big difference. It has gotten lots of great reviews, they are backordered at some places until next month some time.

:unsure:

PR2s have also received a number of pans. They are said to wear funny (scallop) on the front one and make noise that bothers some folks.

Some say they get greasy when they get worn.

I have a set on with low miles still, so I can't add any 1st hand knowledge.

If they work and wear only as well as my favorite previous combo (unobtanium) Pirelli Strada front & Roadsmart rear, I'll be a happy camper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Corbin Seat today, can't wait to try if out tomorrow.

IMG_1336Small.jpg

If there's anyone looking for a "modified" seat for short folks, check out my seat for sale. MODIFIED... I'm hanging on to the seat for a few weeks.

IMG_1347Small.jpg

IMG_1346Small.jpg

IMG_1345Small.jpg

IMG_1344Small.jpg

IMG_1343Small.jpg

IMG_1342Small.jpg

IMG_1341Small.jpg

IMG_1340Small.jpg

IMG_1339Small.jpg

IMG_1338Small.jpg

IMG_1337Small.jpg

I'd hang on to that seat, Brad. After you ride on that brick Corbin you may need it. :unsure:

Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

I'd hang on to that seat, Brad. After you ride on that brick Corbin you may need it. :unsure:
Just sayin'... :rolleyes:

Oh no! But, okay, maybe I will, it honestly rides well and took me down to the perfect level. I'm taking it off the market for a while, in my old age I've learned to listen..... ha ha. Thanks

Congrats Brad on your new baby.

Don't forget you can take the black rubber bumpers off the bottom of the seat as well.

Bradman...wanted to check in and see how your love affair was going with the Feej! How's the Corbin working out? I just ordered a rider section myself....finally. We need to meet up and ride sometime. :D

Bradman...wanted to check in and see how your love affair was going with the Feej! How's the Corbin working out? I just ordered a rider section myself....finally. We need to meet up and ride sometime. :D

I love the bike, no complaints other than not enough time to ride!

The jury is still out on the Corbin. It is a good seat, I just have to get my posture right. I am still having a numb right hand and a numb butt! :eek: ) I may need to ride it some more, ha ha.

Yep, let's ride, just let me know. I'm off on most Mondays and weekends.

The jury is still out on the Corbin. It is a good seat, I just have to get my posture right. I am still having a numb right hand and a numb butt! :eek: ) I may need to ride it some more, ha ha.
A numb butt with a Corbin seat. :eek:

You don't say... :rolleyes:

(Did you hang onto the stock one like I told you?)

I hear that on the riding time thing, lol...although, the last few days for me have been jam packed with mileage with NAFO and all.

Did you do the throttle return spring release yet? That should help with the numb hand...either that or perhaps the G2 throttle tube farkle. With the butt, it helps to stand up on the pegs and "flex" things a bit (this can be an interesting experience...some riders get into it perhaps a bit too much, lol) along with kicking the feet out/forward every once in awhile. I know with a Corbin, based on my old FZ6's Corbin, it'll take awhile for the seat to break in (took around 2-3k before it was butter)...it should be noted that Russel seat riders can be spotted doing the same thing, lol (it simply has more to do with sitting in one spot for a long time than anything else...my arse gets sore here in my office chair). I still get a numb hand every once in awhile, but it's usually just me getting lazy while slabbing...no problem out in the curves.

We definitely need to meet up and run around somewhere. :D

Hey Fred! I did keep my original seat as you suggested. I had a nice gentleman on here that wanted it, but I kept it and continue to break in my seat. I've been told up to 2k to break it in. Ha ha! If my butt doesn't get better, I might switch back. :eek: )

I hear that on the riding time thing, lol...although, the last few days for me have been jam packed with mileage with NAFO and all.

Did you do the throttle return spring release yet? That should help with the numb hand...either that or perhaps the G2 throttle tube farkle. With the butt, it helps to stand up on the pegs and "flex" things a bit (this can be an interesting experience...some riders get into it perhaps a bit too much, lol) along with kicking the feet out/forward every once in awhile. I know with a Corbin, based on my old FZ6's Corbin, it'll take awhile for the seat to break in (took around 2-3k before it was butter)...it should be noted that Russel seat riders can be spotted doing the same thing, lol (it simply has more to do with sitting in one spot for a long time than anything else...my arse gets sore here in my office chair). I still get a numb hand every once in awhile, but it's usually just me getting lazy while slabbing...no problem out in the curves.

We definitely need to meet up and run around somewhere. :D

Ha ha! No, I haven't had the spring release worked on yet. I'll try the wiggle on the bike, ha ha! I think that I have been doing that. The older I get the less I like being uncomfortable. I love the bike, though. I want to get a V stream shield. Otherwise, I am very happy with it.

Hey Fred! I did keep my original seat as you suggested. I had a nice gentleman on here that wanted it, but I kept it and continue to break in my seat. I've been told up to 2k to break it in. Ha ha! If my butt doesn't get better, I might switch back. :eek: )
Heh, I don't know, perhaps I'll change my mind next year, but seats are pretty personal items...as has been stated here over and over. I had great luck with the Corbin on my other bike and was a million times better than the stock vinyl wrapped 2x4 they called a seat, so WTH...at least they sell quickly should it not work out.

Ha ha! No, I haven't had the spring release worked on yet. I'll try the wiggle on the bike, ha ha! I think that I have been doing that. The older I get the less I like being uncomfortable. I love the bike, though. I want to get a V stream shield. Otherwise, I am very happy with it.
I love my Vstream. It's a bit warm in the summer, but not terrible. It does an admirable job with noise/buffeting as well.

Bradman,

You had asked how to train yourself to take weight off your hands. First, I had the same problem. I installed a G2 throttle tube and it helped a hell of a lot. I also, like you, moved my handlebars to the rearmost position. That did wonders! Now train yourself to take weight off of your hands. If you come from a sporting background, you are probably used to the lean forward position. The next time you feel your hand(s) getting numb, pull your shoulders back, rotate your pelvis forward, and straighten your spine - in that order. You will be amazed at how much you have been slouching and have had your back bent. Once you feel the difference, you'll adjust your riding position slightly. The change won't be as dramatic as when you first try it - and it doesn't have to be. Your brain will "remember" and you will begin to make it a habit. Hope it helps! Try a G2 too. Once you have ridden a while and have made those changes, your trust level with the bike will grow and you will find yourself not gripping the grips as hard. I have yet to do the throttle spring. With the changes mentioned, I'm not sure if I need it. Ride safely!

Bradman,

You had asked how to train yourself to take weight off your hands. First, I had the same problem. I installed a G2 throttle tube and it helped a hell of a lot. I also, like you, moved my handlebars to the rearmost position. That did wonders! Now train yourself to take weight off of your hands. If you come from a sporting background, you are probably used to the lean forward position. The next time you feel your hand(s) getting numb, pull your shoulders back, rotate your pelvis forward, and straighten your spine - in that order. You will be amazed at how much you have been slouching and have had your back bent. Once you feel the difference, you'll adjust your riding position slightly. The change won't be as dramatic as when you first try it - and it doesn't have to be. Your brain will "remember" and you will begin to make it a habit. Hope it helps! Try a G2 too. Once you have ridden a while and have made those changes, your trust level with the bike will grow and you will find yourself not gripping the grips as hard. I have yet to do the throttle spring. With the changes mentioned, I'm not sure if I need it. Ride safely!
Thanks for the information, I will give it a try this weekend. I'm on the prowl for the G2 :eek: )

Latest posts