fjr .... aaahhhhh!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldryder

Reaction score
Bought a Yamaha Star Venture this winter to replace my aging GL1500. Like it a lot better than the goldwing and have been riding it a lot and neglecting the FJR somewhat.

Took the FJR for a ride yesterday and got reminded why I like that bike so much. It is just a LOT more fun to ride.

I only wish the FJR had better passenger accommodations so the wife would accept it as our X-country touring bike. Unfortunately, for 2 up cross country a gold wing is a hard act to follow.

If you would have just came off a 600 sport bike, she would love the FJR comfort! She got spoiled early.

Had to stop for coffee this morning, then take the long way to work. The more one rides a FJ the more one appreciates the quality/smoothness of this machine. :)

FJR.jpg

I only wish the FJR had better passenger accommodations so the wife would accept it as our X-country touring bike. Unfortunately, for 2 up cross country a gold wing is a hard act to follow.
I agree!! This is why I own both a GL1800 and an FJR1300. The big guy is hers and I'm just the driver. (i.e. "Driving Miss Daisey") and the FJR is MINE...no women allowed!

Ship her on the Greydog and you enjoy the ride. I am sure she will be waiting when you shop up with a martini in hand. :yahoo:

I agree!! This is why I own both a GL1800 and an FJR1300. The big guy is hers and I'm just the driver. (i.e. "Driving Miss Daisey") and the FJR is MINE...no women allowed!
Sarge, you hit the nail on the head.

Keep wife happy and get your way at the same time. :lol:

Bought a Yamaha Star Venture this winter to replace my aging GL1500. Like it a lot better than the goldwing and have been riding it a lot and neglecting the FJR somewhat.

Took the FJR for a ride yesterday and got reminded why I like that bike so much. It is just a LOT more fun to ride.

I bought a Venture to try to get my wife interested in some touring. Never happened so I sold it and bought the FJR. While the Venture is a much-underrated tourer (will run circles around any Harley), the FJR is soooo much more fun. The Goldwing can give you a pretty spirited ride but I wouldn't trade my FJR for one.

Ross

Ditto 1800&1300

+1 on that Sarge. Goldwing for the longer trips and fjr for the shorter trips.They both are great in there own way! B)