FJR Forum

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speed! Don't forget out appreciation of speed!
Sure it has 2 too many wheels. And sure it ain't an Eye-abuser! But I has me pre-order deposit down and am a Waiter (again)!
Bounce,

Gonna have to 'splain that one. Why?

It's still a scooby...

I think bounce has put an order in for a new Subaru WRX STI, judging by the photo.

Bounce, am I wrong?

Sure it has 2 too many wheels. And sure it ain't an Eye-abuser! But I has me pre-order deposit down and am a Waiter (again)!
Bounce,

It's still a scooby...

I think bounce has put an order in for a new Subaru WRX STI, judging by the photo.

Bounce, am I wrong?
You are correct sir. He even posted his intention right here on the FJR Forum! Subaru

Here I am just surfing along, mindlessly reading the latest posts about nothing, and BAM!, I run into another one of Malve's sentimental sermons.

I think one additional thing has not been mentioned that is one of the biggest attractions to this forum: And that is the little red "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You see, unlike my other friends, I can make ya'll "shut-up" any time I wish. ;)
I'm sorry....did you say something?

;)

Now there's a blast from the 70's.

Hey Malve, I say AMEN brother! :yahoo:

When all is said and done, with all the personalities this board has, e.g. those who are wrong and disagree with me as compared to those enlightened individuals who *agree* with me, we all seem to get along just fine!

So what is the common thread? Actually, I think Andre said it best on his personal blog, and I challenge all who have good health to read Andre's thread and to think about things for awhile.

'Nuff said, let's just say I enjoy diversity, a good debate based upon fact, and individuals with attributes I routinely find on this forum.

I think that the enjoyment that I get from this forum is largley due to the age of the participants. We are all (most anyway) seasoned individuals, who have a liking for the specific mix of comfort and speed that the FJR provides. I reckon it's the age thing that makes it work and the same mentality that draws us to the same bike. It's as though the FJR is the magnet that has drawn all the ferrous scrap together from amongst all the other junk in the scrap yard. (Quite pleased with that one).

I also participate in a couple of other forums in the UK. One being the British Superbike forum and another is a carp fishing forum (one of my other passions). Both are spoiled to a great degree by young idiots who abuse the thing and the other members. Such is the case that I seldom post on the BSB forum now and only post on the fishing forum when I have a technical question. (Although I do check them both out daily).

I have found through my experience here and on the fishing forum that there is no better place to find out about a subject than a well established forum. So much so that I have taken my kids out of school and told them to seek out 'forums' to advance their worldy education. Did I do the right thing?

Cheers guys, Graham in Blighty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think one additional thing has not been mentioned that is one of the biggest attractions to this forum: And that is the little red "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You see, unlike my other friends, I can make ya'll "shut-up" any time I wish. ;)
You have OTHER friends Scab? Tell me, are you the only person that 'sees' these other friends? :)

Seriously though, I thought the original post was pretty insightful. For a diverse bunch of folks, we do have a fair bit in common. That's why NAFO is going to be so much fun.

Jill

You have OTHER friends Scab? Tell me, are you the only person that 'sees' these other friends? :)

Seriously though, I thought the original post was pretty insightful. For a diverse bunch of folks, we do have a fair bit in common. That's why NAFO is going to be so much fun.

Jill
Thank God, finally a voice of reason in a sea of ........

Consequently, there are very specific personality traits that have led most of us down the same path …adventurous, practical, logical, successful, mature… the list goes on and all of the terms are relative and of course debatable.
Keep it coming Malve.

Love to read different perspectives that may or not mirror mine (but get really close) as to why I am here and why I stay.

There are all kinds here. Sort through it all and you will find what you are looking for.

You will get people wishing you a happy birthday. You will get people praying for you. You will also get people sending money for a really good cause.

And in the end, when all is said and done... the assholes and smart-asses can kiss our ass. You know who you are. Stand proud! :yahoo:

Thanks for the kind thoughts about this forum.

And in the end, when all is said and done... the assholes and smart-asses can kiss our ass. You know who you are. Stand proud! :yahoo:
Thanks, buddy......um, y'all did take a shower today, right? :rolleyes:

Bounce,

It's still a scooby...

Bounce, am I wrong?
you, sir, are 100% on the bullseye! i also got confirmation that my pre-order beat the deadline so i qualified for the "free" iPod Touch. Sweet!

Last edited by a moderator: