FJR Fuel Injection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well all,

I got to admit that I have heard numerous good, some GREAT things about this tuner. I like the fact that it has the ability to do true road side tuning without hooking up the laptop. I can see how some custom tuning dyno shops would say they don't like them(cause they greatly reduce the need of the dyno shop time). Though, I would be interested in seeing a side by side comparison of how close these units compare to the PWC on the dyno. I have had numerous PWC on my bikes and I think they could be improved(like most things).

WW

TE had a product out for the FJR early on in the USA market. It took about a year (or so) for Dynojet to come up with a PC3 for the FJR. Back in the late 2002 to early 2004 months, some people bought the TE as they wanted something and didn't want to wait. It, at the time, had a low, medium, and high RPM range that could be adjusted. When the DJ/PC3 came out with its finer adjustment ranges (at every 5 or 10 rpm iirc), the TE wasn't heard from much more. Based on some of the pricing mentioned in this thread it would seem that the price/options/performance differences tipped the scale toward the PC3 for most people.

Last edited by a moderator: