FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One the originals. 2001 - one of the first into Australia. And yes, I have other bikes so these are not the only biking miles kilometers in these years.
Fixed it for you. ;)
Noted, and thanks!! By playing with the toggle between km & m you can almost double the photo opps - 106666k's = 66666 miles, etc.

Noted, and thanks!! By playing with the toggle between km & m you can almost double the photo opps - 106666k's = 66666 miles, etc.
That could almost be a new sport! :D All kinds of opportunites for photo pairs.

Damn! And here I was thinking I ride a lot...lol... I have an 08 with 14k :angry2: Guess I need to get in the seat more often.

One great thing to see is that the FJR is a dependable machine!!

I'm kind of being put to shame here. Just turned 20000 on my '06. My feeble excuse is we just don't do the miles in the UK.

(Click on image for larger view)

Having said that, I've enjoyed (almost) every one of them.

Mind you, a bit of "PhotoShop"ing ...

makes it look a lot better
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
37,000 miles on my '06 :rolleyes:

Damn! I thought I was riding it alot. :unsure:

I must be a slacker! A wuss! A panzy! :huh:

I'm Not Worthy! :eek:

I'm Not Worthy! :p

148,500km on my 05 brought new in dec. 05.

engine is out for rebuild.

No. 1 cylinder:

IMGP8965.jpg

148,500km on my 05 brought new in dec. 05.
engine is out for rebuild.

No. 1 cylinder:

IMGP8965.jpg
That sucks. A problem that can afflict all too may FJRs I am afraid.

I do believe my high mileage FJR may be suffering from the same affliction. What were they symptoms of the problem? In other words, how did you know you needed to get it fixed?

how did you know you needed to get it fixed?
When the pre-mix he was using started to spit back out the throttle bodies????

But seriously....what exactly are we looking at here? It looks like a valve sticking WAAAAY too far into the exhaust port.

But seriously....what exactly are we looking at here? It looks like a valve sticking WAAAAY too far into the exhaust port.
My assumption is oil leaking from a worn valve guide.

But it would be best to have the OP verify that.
yup, valve guides/stem seals. the first noticable signs were an ever decreasing fuel economy, it started to burn oil slightly ( and in the end noticeable), and blokes following me noting that it was blowing smoke, particularly when under hard accel. So a leak down test was done which showed things wern't all that good and a compression test which didn't reveal a great deal i thought.. I ripped the headers of for a quick visual look see and pretty much that pic is what i saw, i couldn't get decent shot of it whit my camera at the time but did what i could, put it back together and approached Yamaha about what we could do, costs etc. Long story short, Yamaha oz and i arnt on speaking terms anymore.

This was a little over 12 mths ago. The motor was also significantly noisier on the left side, at first i put this down to cam chain and tensioner so i replaced both, valve clearances etc done at the same time and it didn't change a thing, it made more mechanical noise than my oil cooled 600 bandit that has 200K on it and it's never been pulled down.

Looking through the intake side, similar story, oil around the valves.

Rebuild thread i've started here

https://www.forum.fjr13.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2113