FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
End of the road for my '05 at 144,682 miles.
Prius driver didn't want to share lanes. Fortunately, she was only doing about 10 mph and I was only doing about 20 mph, but still got my very first ambulance ride and CT scan as I had what looked like a compound fracture of my right thumb (turned out to be dislocated, but when one's thumbnail touches the back of the next joint, bone ends are visible through the torn skin - fooled both me and the good Samaritan RN who pulled up to help). I was wearing good gloves, the glove's knuckles on the left hand were heavily scraped, and that hand was fine. I also stopped sliding when my shoulder and helmet hit a curb and impact was close enough to my neck they wanted to make sure there were no spinal complications (none found, thankfully). Motoport/Cycleport gear did its job - not a scratch, but a few deeply bruised / sore spots from impact and/or flailing.

Ripped the front bumper off the Prius - I'm not a forensics guy by any means, but from looking at the damage to the bike, main point of impact was probably near the marker light on the fairing, with paint transfer both fore and aft of that point. No idea how my right lower leg (knee to foot) came out unscathed as the brake pedal was also bent. I figure my body must have been about even with her front door post/ front fender when she initiated her illegal lane change (crossing solid lines to get into a merging on-ramp lane) and front wheel just past the front of her car by the time she hit me. Haven't seen the police report yet, but if it comes out as anything but 100% her fault, I'm going to be surprised and disappointed

Progressive totaled the bike, including paying for aftermarket stuff, and paid for my gloves and helmet. Excellent service thus far, we'll see how it goes once they and the Prius driver's insurance start tussling over ambulance and medical costs.
Sorry to hear about your accident, that cut your riding time down on your just broke in FJR, and if the insurance company tries to tell you that's high mileage show them a picture of my odometer and they'll realize you haven't even begun to wear it out yet. Good Luck with your claim. I hope your back on the road soon.

Thanks Mr. Ghost - and conga rats on the 600,000+ FJR miles.

The insurance guys are still trying to determine fault, although the police report flat-out stated the Prius driver caused the accident with her illegal (attempted) lane change. Wife got rear ended last week and body shop says it's likely her car will be totaled as well; thankfully she walked away mostly unscathed - other guy's insurance already okayed him being 100% at fault for that one. Rough couple of months for vehicles from this address. At this rate, my 1952 tractor will be drafted into commuter duty pretty soon...

Another one for the 100 club!

dt5GwUkb.jpg

New Avatars:

EDIT: 9/2/2018: Unbelievable. You guys are racking up so many miles I can't keep up. All my original artwork was in Word 97, then 2000 and will not import to Open Office or the newest Word without more editing. So I have stopped doing the colors and calling them "CLUB". The new avatars are 100-1000K and just indicate FJR MILES. I will leave the old one on here but will not up date with added K miles. You can use the new avatars to apply to each bike and or total of two(3-4-5) bike you rack up the miles on.

Edit: 9/4/18: A few were over 100X50 pixels. Changes were made.

5vAQpfA.jpg
mhheUT3.jpg
RTYz4yU.jpg
gTf08Ry.jpg
LCsjus2.jpg
muMnum2.jpg
9p1Os4D.jpg
ghUPBqE.jpg
qYA8SNl.jpg
hwR28ba.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
New Avatars:EDIT: 9/2/2018: Unbelievable. You guys are racking up so many miles I can't keep up. All my original artwork was in Word 97, then 2000 and will not import to Open Office or the newest Word without more editing. So I have stopped doing the colors and calling them "CLUB". The new avatars are 100-1000K and just indicate FJR MILES. I will leave the old one on here but will not up date with added K miles. You can use the new avatars to apply to each bike and or total of two(3-4-5) bike you rack up the miles on.

5vAQpfA.jpg
mhheUT3.jpg
RTYz4yU.jpg
gTf08Ry.jpg
LCsjus2.jpg
muMnum2.jpg
9p1Os4D.jpg
ghUPBqE.jpg
qYA8SNl.jpg
hwR28ba.jpg
We're having same problems we had before, the avatar is too big and it won't save it.

Hit 100,000 on my FJR yesterday. It's a 2008 I bought brand new in 2009. I've never commuted on it. Very few day trips. Almost all of the miles are "sport-touring" miles riding overnight or multi day trips all over the western US and Canada, just like this bike was designed to do. Bike has been rock-solid and still runs like a champ!

Hit 100,000 on my FJR yesterday. It's a 2008 I bought brand new in 2009. I've never commuted on it. Very few day trips. Almost all of the miles are "sport-touring" miles riding overnight or multi day trips all over the western US and Canada, just like this bike was designed to do. Bike has been rock-solid and still runs like a champ!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but have you tossed it off of one the West's mountain passes?

Passed through 25k on my '16 during my WeSTOC23 run. Still loving the switch from the ST1300 to the FJR. Getting to know the FJR crowd here on the forum and in the Seattle area has been an extra bonus!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but have you tossed it off of one the West's mountain passes?
Well, I have center punched a huge mule deer near the bottom of the Beartooth Pass and still have a fairing held together with black Gorilla Tape in 3 places to show for it, and also did a 180 low side spin in March when I hit a patch of frost on my way to gas up in Rock Springs WY this year on a sub-freezing morning; those together should give the old girl a little street cred.
smile.png

Broke 80,000 on my 2014 this week. Would be closer to 100,000 but I bought it at the end of 2014, and had almost half a year maintenance delay. If I can work my plan and turn skymiles into strategic lodging, I may attempt a 50CC solo run fall or spring, to help perpetrate the miles. As chronicled elsewhere, my recent BBG1600 went well. Ill admit, though, that after missing the equivalent of an entire nights sleep, and many hours at near 100F, I didnt really feel great for a few days.

Purchased my 2005 FJR New....... October 27, 2004.... #3182....

Hit 50,351 miles today.........Just regular maint no issues....

Had a few lean years for health issues...but all is well now.......