FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new milestone reached today on my 2005....
IMG_20100823_083008.jpg
Most excellent! Congrats!

Btw, your fan is on.

I am a bit tardy updating the list, will get to it soon!

Most excellent! Congrats!
Btw, your fan is on.

I am a bit tardy updating the list, will get to it soon!
Well you can add me then...

Turned over 101K+ on the way home from Denver two weeks ago. Not bad considering I took care of my parents the last couple years before they passed and simply could not ride as much.

dougc

55,000 for me. That reminds me.... I have to change the oil now. ;)

**EDIT**

Changed my oil today too. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My 04 was purchased used with 18KM on it in May of 2008. Flash forward two and half riding seasons and on the trip back from the Green & Whites it rolled over to 90KM. Thats 55,000 miles.

Add another 15-20KM in the next month.

[SIZE=10pt]59,736 glorious miles[/SIZE]

For the statistically inclined, at almost 60,000 miles, I had been planning to replace the CCT. Had Simon and Howies posts in my favorites bar for quite some time, anticipating the infamous bottom bolt extraction. Very recently thought I was hearing a slight nasty from the engine... sometimes when behind a car at a stop, visor up, I would get some bounce back engine noise from the rear of a cage that I would'nt normally hear (Curious that I never hear this at idle in the garage).... anyway... I was trying to get the CCT out this weekend but gave up on the bottom bolt... no way, no how, even after absorbing all the how to's that have been posted. I did check the spring action and was sure I had it back to fully extended, but maybe not. It's hard to know if it's all the way engaged given the variable spring tension I felt. Buttoned it up, let sleeping dogs lie, and went for a ride to break in some new shoes for an upcoming trip and not a mile from my driveway... the dreaded

[SIZE=14pt] can of marbles[/SIZE]
Either a coincidence or most likely I f**ked it up. Better now than on the road. At almost 60,000, into the shop Wednesday for a replacement CCT.....

Prempting Fairlaners reply.... ' Dude, this was not a coincidence... you fucked it up'.

Statistically correct?.............................. Yup.

Long overdue update completed!

19 FJRs over 100k!!! :yahoo:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Yo Ashe! Youse gots to be over 100k by now. That or you are a dress-wearing pansy!

Yo Ashe! Youse gots to be over 100k by now. That or you are a dress-wearing pansy!
Well, you rule-making, oppressive, control-freak regulators won't let me combine FJR mileages. So I guess it depends on which closet you check whether you find dresses or gun holsters. :)

I missed the big mileage cross-country trip this summer. Instead, I did a more local Father-Daughter ride with my oldest. It was our last summer together as she started college this week. That was the best decision I've made in a long time, even if it did cost me a shot at the 100k title.

100k is just around the bend for Cherie (the '07). She was last parked at 98,340. She's been sitting most of this summer in a far away garage, waiting on the weather to improve (below 90F) to permit all day riding in the mountains. I've logged about 8,000 miles on Mystique (the '06) by doing half-day rides from home base that start at sunrise.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: [SIZE=12pt]And 31 Darksiders[/SIZE] :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:tomato2:

Sorry Greg, I just couldn't help myself.

Actually I would have been #20 by now had I not been taken out early last month by someone turning left across my path.

IMG_2035.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Poor thing, died way before his time - 88744 miles.[/SIZE]

:cray:

My beloved 2007 Cherie has at last crossed the 100k milestone. She catches a lot of crap from her older sister, 2006 Mystique, who still shines in her hot blue, <10k miles physique. They often argue about who gets ridden the most recently, and I am forced to remind them both there's enough of me to go around. Girls!!!

It was only fitting that Cherie met 100,000 miles on a two-up day. After all, most of those miles were done two-up with lots of baggage and the GF included. The old girl has been cross-country twice, doing 7-9,000 mile summer trips in a single stretch.

She's seen... the lower portions of Canada (eh), the Seattle waterfront at night, Rattlesnake Mountain WA, Hell's Canyon OR, Sawtooth National Forest and Craters of The Moon ID, Yellowstone twice!, Glacier National Park, SD Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Custer State Park SD, Grand Tetons twice!, spent days wandering around frosty mornings in Colorado, planted Confederate flags in Letchworth State Park NY (Grand Canyon of the East), Niagara Falls, ridden the auto road up Mt Washington NH, damn near every mile of the Blue Ridge Parkway several times over, and more Appalachian two-lanes and goat trails than anyone should ever admit. It's been quite a journey for us both.

Here's to the next 100k, you Yamaha girls fight it out and decide who goes first.

:D

100kBefore.jpg

100kAfter.jpg

'Bout damned time, ya slacker. :fuck:

Well done Jeff! One thing though, I don't think I would be calling the GF 'the old girl' no matter how many times she has been cross country! :eek:

she was 93k on my birthday last Dec 6th

my goal was 33k in a year, but that didn't look like it was gonna happen

but I'm on track for a possible 30k year at 2500 a month...fall season is a great time to ride

only trip planned is NAFO...Nawlins' to Jacksonville (visit a friend) to Knoxville to Nawlins'

4990832455_ce06b2c9c7_z.jpg

I got lucky.

I knew i would hit 50K on the way to WCR, and reminded myself to watch for it.

My ADD kicked in and I forgot about it.

When I stopped for fuel on the way to Port Angeles, I looked down to reset my ODO, and there it was.

P1010766Medium.jpg