FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally made it to 50,000 on my '06 AE. :clapping: The last 1000 miles seemed like it took a month to add up. Picked it up in Albuquerque in early March 2008 with 12K miles and rode it back to PA.

Before that I put 15K on an '04 that was totaled and another 19K on an '05 that I still need to sell.

For a total of 72K on the three FJR's.

:yahoo:

Brian

I broke 140k on the way home from the Ten 'n Ten rally. Over 50k on the replacement engine now.

Just passed 80K on my 04' that I bought on 07'.

Slacker.
+1 SLACKER!!!!

I broke 140k on the way home from the Ten 'n Ten rally. Over 50k on the replacement engine now.
Well get on your horse ya slacker! Don't get nothing for 140k. But the 150k list is 'pretty small', which is not how I would describe your belly!

I am closing in on 28,000 on my 08 but I just cannot keep up with you guys. Work has kept me grounded this year only 2 trips this year worth talking about. Planing on a Veterans Day Week trip to the UP of Michigan well as long as it's not snowing, if snowing i will head out East to Maine.

I'm approaching the big 3K on my '08, bought new last month. It ain't much, but it will increase dramatically once I have some Russells on it. :lol:

Please post us up......

I have over 75k on my 2005.

So does Jim (aka ZOOOMM).

Well I have been meaning to post to this I have 75426 on my 2006. Bought it new in Sept. of 05. Replaced the instument cluster at 3800 miles and put 71626 on the new instument cluster for a total of 75426.

I have enjoyed every moment. I ride everyday!

Flynfj

Just turned my '03 over 70,000. That's in Montana years. In California years (year around) that would be 140,000! Ha! Bought in 2/03. Eight years and number of mechanical failures? Zero. Pretty invincible machine. I think I'll keep it.

2004 with 115,000 hard miles. Just finishing 2 1/2 month European tour. Bike is coming back home to states. Unfortunetly it's got a bad gear box...missing 4th and second jumping in and out of gear under acceleration. Looking to replace the motor with one from ebay. It's easier than fixing the gear box and cost about the same. The Alps and Dolomites really did in the gear box.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can add me to the 100,000 mile list. That was sometime in July and at the other end of the country. I'm at about 112,000 now on my 2003.

David Morrow

Just want to update my mileage numbers as of 10/07/2010 I have now put 151,600 miles on my 03 FJR. Still running on the original motor and drive train. Bike has never had a wrench laid on it as of today. Its running on the same set of plugs I put in at around 50,000 miles when I finally broke down and had the valves checked the only time it has ever been checked. It is still running as good as the day I first threw a leg over the seat. I still do not cut it any slack , just ride it like I stole it more or less.