FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dcarver, Please check out JamesK post of my speedometer reading it's in KM on a post he put up for me. It reads 500,000 km. which is over 300,000 miles. I had trouble loading my pictures and he put them up for me. As for Farmer, i do the oil changes and leave the big stuff for the shop. I'm keeping the shop in business..!!!!

Rolled past 160,000km this past weekend at CFR. Put me in the 100,000 mile club!

Img_1706.jpg

I know this isn't much of a milestone, but here it is. Stupid work keeps getting in the way.

2009 purchased new in 2010.

8vwc.jpg

I remember hitting 50K on my bike, thought it was kind of a big deal then. And it is. Congrats Phil. It's good to know that the bike you feel so comfortable with will hang in there for many more miles.

The IBR is history now and so is 150k on my bike.Her name was "Baby Blue" but with this milestone she is renamed "True Blue"

BTW 200k will get her renamed "Royal Blue"

IMG_0914_zps9679db13.jpg
Congratulations on BOTH numbers Tony!

AND

472!!

Attaining both is a great accomplishment.

So close to the next milestone:

74999.jpg

https://home.earthlink.net/~haraldstenger/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/74999.jpg

I'm not sure if my FJR will make the next milestone due to my use of Diesel engine oil that's changed at a non-Yamaha approved change interval of 5,000 miles? Will it die a flaming death before hitting 75k? Will the fact that I have Harley pegs installed on it doom it to failure?
wink.png

75000.jpg

https://home.earthlink.net/~haraldstenger/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/75000.jpg

YES!
yahoo.gif
My 07 FJR made it (as if anyone around here had any doubts about the longevity of these motorcycles). When showing the wife the odo photo, she says to me, "I suppose that now you'll be wanting a new bike?". And I can truthfully say that I don't want a new bike. Despite mileage that would have most people in the world think that it's on it's last leg, this FJR has been a great bike and is still running strong. Can't see any reason to replace it as long as I still love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, Harald, and in all kinds of weather [most of it wet].
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

There might have been a couple days that I experienced a few sprinkles.
wink.png

I'm really enjoying this unusually long spell of warm, sunny weather.
yahoo.gif

Off topic: I'm well aware of how quoting works when replying to posts, but for some reason I cannot post my reply outside the quote box. Even if I go in and edit it to fix the problem, an end quote tag gets placed after my comments. Damn wacky software/computers!

...Off topic: I'm well aware of how quoting works when replying to posts, but for some reason I cannot post my reply outside the quote box. Even if I go in and edit it to fix the problem, an end quote tag gets placed after my comments. Damn wacky software/computers!
Two ways to try:
1. Before typing anything, use the keyboard to go to end of document (ctrl-end on Windoze, cmd-downarrow on Mac). This should put the curser after the quote block.

2. If that doesn't work, click what looks like a light-switch in the top left of the reply window (above the bold "B"), this puts the editor into a simple mode where you can easily move the cursor after the quote block (you'll see the block end "[ / quote ]"). Start typing, click the switch to go back to "clever" mode.